Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 06-20-2002, 10:17 AM

Grand Cherokee service intervals

Does anyone have a pointer to an online resource for Grand Cherokee recommended service intervals and other maintenance info? A friend is doing some service work on the side to make some extra $ and would like to be reasonably precise about what he recommends to the owner (who evidently lost her owners manual with this info in it). It is a 2000 model if it makes a difference.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:38 AM

I know a quick call to the dealer will yield this info.

I had a 1999 WJ and remember a substantial (read expensive) checkup at 30K - it was all fluids - tranny, t-case, diffs, etc. (which are all syntheic and expensive) and I think plugs in addition to the normal lube oil filter.

The 60K checkup is probably more of the same.

Jeff
Old 07-15-2002, 09:30 PM

I guess this is a bit late so you may have the info already but if not....

the 30K, 60K are the same. They are complete overhauls: Engine tune, wires, new plugs, air filter, complete fluid drains for radiator, (i think tranny).

They service the t-case and diffs with fluid changes. Rotate tires, lube everything.

I think that's everything.

The 7500 mile intervals are change oil and rotate tires.
The 15000 mile are the same, plus change diff fluid and (I think) t-case.

Let me know. I can copy and scan my service interval chart out of my vehicle guide if you want. I'll email it to you. 1998 Grand.