Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 06-07-2001, 06:38 AM

Adjustable front upper control arms needed for flat skid?

Somehow, some kind of way, I'm going to be going for a flat skid. I've had an offer to build a custom one, we will see if it works out (the builder is busy, and since he is doing it as a kindness rather than make money, I'm not gonna be pushy) and if it doesn't I'll be forgoing a roll cage and finding one.

But I will by then have adjustable upper and lower rear control arms.

Will I need adjustable upper front control arms?
Should I wait on my SYE/DS, as will this make a difference in my DS lenght?

I am doing this from home.
Old 06-07-2001, 11:11 AM

William,
You will rear adj uppers but not necessarily fronts. You need the rears so you can adjust pinion angle for the CV driveshaft. Going to a flat skid will necessitate some pretty good axle rotation to dial out the vibes and lowers alone will not give you all you need.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 06-07-2001, 08:43 PM

I had to get lower adj. front arms to set the caster to where the Jeep was driveable. Caster was at 4.5 which should have been enough but wasn't. I guess it could have been set by using adjustable caster bolts as well but I got the arms anyways, they do flex nice.