Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Banned for being bad

If I could have changed one thing..........

I would have got the sliding miter saw
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:38 AM

Is that similar to a radial arm saw? If so, be glad you don't have one. I had a radial arm saw and it was constantly going out of adajustment - hated that thing. Plus they take a lot of room up in the garage.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Is that similar to a radial arm saw? If so, be glad you don't have one. I had a radial arm saw and it was constantly going out of adajustment - hated that thing. Plus they take a lot of room up in the garage.
Thanks, now I don't feel so bad
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:49 PM

Not to rain on anyone's parade. But I had a radial arm saw and quickly got rid of it. Bought a sliding compound miter saw instead and have been very happy.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:11 PM

Re: If I could have changed one thing..........

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I would have got the sliding miter saw
We have three 12" compound slide saws and about 10 normal compound miter saws. They (slides) are great if you need that broad of a cut but a PITA most of the rest of the time. With that said .... if you NEED it....you NEED it.

They are very bulky and heavy compaired to a normal miter saw and tend to be much more tempramental.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:36 PM

Re: Re: If I could have changed one thing..........

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottyY2K
We have three 12" compound slide saws and about 10 normal compound miter saws.
Do a lot of wood cutting do ya???

That's quite a setup for a home workshop
Old 03-09-2004, 04:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: If I could have changed one thing..........

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell C
Do a lot of wood cutting do ya???

That's quite a setup for a home workshop
LOL - Not at home.....that'd be in the small commercial glass company. We use them to cut aluminum ..... at jobsites. The majority of the fab at the shop with a "production" saw.

I was just pointing out the size and ungainlyness of the larger slide saw against the convenience and ease of use/movement of the smaller saw...... The vast majority of the time I'd prefer the smaller non-slide versions.