Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-06-2003, 12:15 PM

Angry owned on JU

So if a person gets owned on JU should they take it out on the person in another message board?
I don't know... I think I am big enough of a man to let it go and not get butt hurt or drag it to another message board. But that is just me.
I think just because someone is living in your head rent free on JU or any other message board it shouldn't be an issue on other massage boards if nothing has happened on another board....
What do you think?

Oh yeah... This was just a issue I was thinking about. So, don't think I am directing it at anyone. If you feel like I am... Suck it up wussy!
Old 09-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Re: owned on JU

Quote:
Originally posted by fatbob309
So if a person gets owned on JU should they take it out on the person in another message board?
I don't know... I think I am big enough of a man to let it go and not get butt hurt or drag it to another message board. But that is just me.
I think just because someone is living in your head rent free on JU or any other message board it shouldn't be an issue on other massage boards if nothing has happened on another board....
What do you think?

Oh yeah... This was just a issue I was thinking about. So, don't think I am directing it at anyone. If you feel like I am... Suck it up wussy!
I did it, have no qualms about it and until I am removed as a founding member of this board, I will continue to disagree as I see fit and take actions that I deem appropriate to my feelings on the matter.

If you really think I was owned, too bad for you. I grew tired of him dogging my posts and being a little butthead about it. If you disagree, too bad for you.

The issue is that I am fairly gracious about stuff until points made are disregarded and only the irritations are remembered.

Tracy on here is a prime example. I defended using a HP 30 for several instances and applications where it is the superior choice.

At no time did I make the point that I thought anyone going to a LP 44 was a fool or moron as there are instances in budget and application where that is a better choice. Because folks do not always understand what they read and adopt positions and then use that to define their personality, it turned into something thrown up in my face as a hater of the LP 44.

That is clearly not my position or the way I feel and if you read what I say about the HP 30, I alway qualify my position with applicational requirements.

The same thing ensued with Fleg and the technology used in desert race trucks being used in rockcrawlers. He treated me the fool over it. Unfortunately for him, I had just spent the day in a shop that built a rockcrawler worth about 100,000 or so and right beside it was an unlimited desert race truck that the fabricator showed me the comparisons in technology.

Arguably the number one rockcrawler in the US right now was built by a desert race shop. Do you think they went out of house for their technology? I doubt it.

I'll tolerate most stuff until you drag my friends into it.

If you have a problem with that, I don't know how to help you.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:51 PM

Re: Re: owned on JU

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I'll tolerate most stuff until you drag my friends into it.

If you have a problem with that, I don't know how to help you.
You two seem to be arguing about sheep and puppies... not friends.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sho...hreadid=432945

Am I missing something?
Old 09-06-2003, 04:23 PM

I think all this "owned" crap is pure BS. There are way too many JU'rs claiming so-and-so is 'owned' during a disagreement, which is childish in my book. 'Owned' is the currently most overused and irrelevant word going and personally, I'm sick of those overused 'Owned' Smilies.

There are a few nagging puppies on JU like Fleg that seem to take special delight in dogging certain members of JU and going after them whenever possible, and often, inappropriately. They apparently hate that a few folks have superior knowledge to what they know and if they get proven wrong or incompetent in a public forum, set out a course for ongoing retribution.

If you, Fatbob309, think that Blaine or anyone else should or even can view an individual differently just because he's in a different forum under a different name, then it's my personal opinion that you're sadly mistaken. There is one individual I see in varous forums that has been around for 5-6 years that I first "met" in a newsgroup and I view him in the same light here that I did in the newsgroup 5 years ago. Like the individual Blaine referred to in a Jeepbbs recent thread. Just because he's here and the incidents occurred elsewhere won't change or reduce the hard feelings felt for that person. We're human beings, not automatons.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Thanks Jerry, I was looking for a way to say what you just did.

If anything, I look to treat folks that show up here with no baggage differently than I might elsewhere. Something about not crapping in your own backyard. Save that for elsewhere. Unfortunately, if someone else with a different backyard has the same thought it can lead to conflict of sorts.

It's just too bad I have the keys to this backyard.

Before anyone gets the idea that you have to agree with me to belong on here, go back and look at the exchanges between CBassett and I. I don't think that he could ever be accused of agreeing with much of anything that I have ever posted. Yet the thought of locking him out has never occurred to me.

Maybe because he can handle an adult discussion even though he's wrong all the time.

Also because he doesn't follow me around looking to poke me every chance he gets.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:55 PM

Amen Jerry!

I read the entire thread Alex posted. I missed that one because I seldom frequent the JU TJ Forum. (leaf springs rule! )

If Blaine restricted or whatever someone?s ability to post here, I feel confident there were sufficient reasons to do so. Key word here: reasons. I would fully expect if I were to not just poke fun, but to make personal attacks on Blaine on JU, I'd expect to be banned here too. Just common sense to me.

As far as carrying things from board to board goes, why should there be a double standard? If you hold the keys to JeepBBS, there comes a certain degree of responsibility, that being high in my understanding. If somebody has crossed the line & believes they?ll be welcomed with opened arms in the home of the person they just put crosshairs on, someone needs to rethink a few things.

I have nothing personal against any of the posters in that thread. However, some of the comments were somewhat green in nature & had the ring of mockery. Some of it was just plain fun poking, while other comments were what I believe to be outright smears. Just my opinion.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:01 PM

How does one get "Owned" anyway?

Fill me in here.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Banned for being bad

Re: owned on JU

Quote:
Originally posted by fatbob309
What do you think?

I guess I am getting old because I do not understand any of what you just said!! Hell im still trying to figure out hip hop
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen
How does one get "Owned" anyway?

Didn't that become illegal about 120 years or so back?

Agree with you, Jerry, about this "owned" crap being BS. Surfing JU has become more like visiting a day care center....
Old 09-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:

Before anyone gets the idea that you have to agree with me to belong on here, go back and look at the exchanges between CBassett and I. I don't think that he could ever be accused of agreeing with much of anything that I have ever posted. Yet the thought of locking him out has never occurred to me.

Maybe because he can handle an adult discussion even though he's wrong all the time.

Also because he doesn't follow me around looking to poke me every chance he gets.

Did I just get "owned"?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
Did I just get "owned"?

You just had to go there, didn't you?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: owned on JU

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Palese
I guess I am getting old because I do not understand any of what you just said!! Hell im still trying to figure out hip hop
are you ever going to learn how to quote anything right? And you do what for a living???????
Old 09-06-2003, 08:53 PM

Heh, I just got a nasty PM from Fleg.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
Heh, I just got a nasty PM from Fleg.
Welcome to puppiedom.

Old 09-06-2003, 08:58 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
this is ridiculous, can't we all just go wheelin'?
Old 09-06-2003, 08:59 PM

wait... hold on... let me get some more of blaine's advise, make the money to do it, then let's go wheelin'.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
this is ridiculous, can't we all just go wheelin'?
We're trying, but you keep asking all those silly questions about the off-brand crap.

You are going to show up for the Jim M meet, greet and wheel run, right?

Leave those one day stand girls at home this time.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:01 PM

Quote:
We're trying, but you keep asking all those silly questions about the off-brand crap.

You are going to show up for the Jim M meet, greet and wheel run, right?

Leave those one day stand girls at home this time.
if your talkin about that JV oct thing... I'd really like to come... just get sick of asking for a spare seat.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:08 PM

Quote:
if your talkin about that JV oct thing... I'd really like to come... just get sick of asking for a spare seat.
ok, i just reread the thread. yeah, I'll come out, spare seat or not.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You can arm wrestle Jim for his seat with Garry. My money's on Jim though.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:13 PM

Quote:
You can arm wrestle Jim for his seat with Garry. My money's on Jim though.
that may be true... but if we're talking about a dissecting, analyzing, picking through, and arguing contset... I may have a chance...lol
Old 09-06-2003, 09:39 PM

Having only done JV once, how often do you guys take that shortcut near the end of Sledgehammer that ends up going down that REALLY steep sandy trail? I think we ended up running so late that day after my axle breakage that we took the shortcut, as I understand it anyway. Nothing on SH scared me until I saw that final descent. Part of it had been undercut about half-way down and when my right front tire dropped down into it, my eyes were as big as my son's. Is that the regular way back? Sheesh!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:41 PM

you know... funny thing... that didn't seem so bad to me.

of course i wasn't driving.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Having only done JV once, how often do you guys take that shortcut near the end of Sledgehammer that ends up going down that REALLY steep sandy trail? I think we ended up running so late that day after my axle breakage that we took the shortcut, as I understand it anyway. Nothing on SH scared me until I saw that final descent. Is that the regular way back? Sheesh!
No, there's another way back that is steeper and longer. Basically instead of turning right to go down the sandfall, you turn left and drive off the side of the bluff. It will get your attention. We took you down the easy way.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:53 PM

Quote:
No, there's another way back that is steeper and longer. Basically instead of turning right to go down the sandfall, you turn left and drive off the side of the bluff. It will get your attention. We took you down the easy way.
Oh. Well, thanks for showing mercy that day. Actually, that part of the trail wasn't bad except for the one undercut spot where I just hit the gas and closed my eyes until we got past it.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Banned for being bad

Re: Re: Re: owned on JU

Quote:
are you ever going to learn how to quote anything right? And you do what for a living???????
I like to see my print in bold
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh. Well, thanks for showing mercy that day. Actually, that part of the trail wasn't bad except for the one undercut spot where I just hit the gas and closed my eyes until we got past it.
I gotta tell you, that is the closest I have every seen anyone come to going ass over teakettle at that spot. Your back end came up and shifted towards the bad side about 4 feet or so. Scared me and I wasn't anywhere near you.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I gotta tell you, that is the closest I have every seen anyone come to going ass over teakettle at that spot. Your back end came up and shifted towards the bad side about 4 feet or so. Scared me and I wasn't anywhere near you.
Blaine and I caught our breath at the same time on that one Jerry - after the day we had on the trail and all that work it would have been highly sucky to have you roll on the last hill.

PS - I don't like that hill either - and it wasn't any easier in the XJ even with the added wheelbase - the roof made it feel steeper then it is.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2003, 10:12 PM

I had no idea we came that close to rolling other than an unusually queasy feeling in my stomach at that moment. I'm glad now that I decided to accelerate through that spot instead of trying to creep down through it. From what you and Blaine say, that's undoubtedly what saved the bacon. But wow, I had no idea... I think I could have gone on for the rest of my life blissfully ignorant of how close my son and I came to rolling down that long steep hill.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had no idea we came that close to rolling other than an unusually queasy feeling in my stomach at that moment. I'm glad now that I decided to accelerate through that spot instead of trying to creep down through it. From what you and Blaine say, that's undoubtedly what saved the bacon. But wow, I had no idea... I think I could have gone on for the rest of my life blissfully ignorant of how close my son and I came to rolling down that long steep hill.
It wasn't as bad before, but some buttheads decided that they should climb it and to date I only know of one who has done it.

It's too soft and easily torn up to be climbed and that just makes it worse to go down.