Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-06-2003, 11:40 PM

Re: Re: owned on JU

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I did it, have no qualms about it and until I am removed as a founding member of this board, I will continue to disagree as I see fit and take actions that I deem appropriate to my feelings on the matter.

If you really think I was owned, too bad for you. I grew tired of him dogging my posts and being a little butthead about it. If you disagree, too bad for you.

The issue is that I am fairly gracious about stuff until points made are disregarded and only the irritations are remembered.

I'll tolerate most stuff until you drag my friends into it.

If you have a problem with that, I don't know how to help you.
So what your saying is that as long as it fits your personal agenda what you deem appropriate is what goes...
I guess my question is did he do anything wrong in this forum that deemed him being removed? I don't remember seeing anything? Am I wrong??
Old 09-06-2003, 11:58 PM

Bob, I wish there was a :banghead: available here because I would have posted about three of them in a row here. Man you just do not get it. Did you even READ the responses, like mine, to what you said? Were they too subtle for you to follow?

You have exactly 26 posts here... why don't you contribute something and participate in the forum in a positive manner before you start ragging on people here, ok?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:17 AM

fatbob309,

Is it your opinion that all folks should be expected/allowed/encouraged or otherwise, to act differently amongst various boards?

If so, why, & if not why?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
Bob, I wish there was a :banghead: available here because I would have posted about three of them in a row here. Man you just do not get it. Did you even READ the responses, like mine, to what you said? Were they too subtle for you to follow?
Yes I saw your post. No it wasn't subtle. So what that some people cant get over being ticked off and still have hard feelings. 5 years is a long time to be ticked off. Life is too short.

Look, I have gone at it with Fleg before on the AZVJC and he didn't kick me out of the NMVJC... The NMVJC is his. He has the keys and the power to kick me out any time he wants. Guess what... We worked it out and now its no big deal. Did any of you try an email off JU to see if you could get past the "dogging" as you call it?

You should try it.

Robert
aka Fat Bob
Old 09-07-2003, 12:32 AM

Let's try this again... "You have exactly (27) posts here... why don't you contribute something and participate in the forum in a positive manner before you start ragging on people here, ok?"
Old 09-07-2003, 12:36 AM

Joe,

Yes, folks should expect people to act differently amongst various boards?

Why? Not all boards are the same. I don't see a bunch of people on this board that play e-thug. I see that on JU. Its something I have come to expect. If you think that all those people are going to play nice... Im sorry but your wrong.

This group is a much smaller group and I would hope that people would be a little more grown up in here. Fleg didn't bring the crap here. He left it on JU.

Its kinda like being at a bar or being at work. Its two different places and people will act in two different ways.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:43 AM

I can respect your opinion Bob. Thanks for your explaination.

I guess I just didn't understand your view because I'm the same everywhere I go. Here, JU, & the many other boards I frequent. I believe I'm the same in person too.

Maybe I need to change my ways
Old 09-07-2003, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fatbob309
Fleg didn't bring the crap here. He left it on JU.

Its kinda like being at a bar or being at work. Its two different places and people will act in two different ways.
JU and JeepBBS are social gathering places for Jeepers. Clubs and bars are too and have much of the same social interaction.

You go into a bar and after a while, get into a shouting and screaming match, maybe a fist fight, with an individual. You leave that bar to get away from him. Then you are in your own bar the next evening and the same asshole is there staring at you, ready to go at it again. Different place, different evening. So you expect that everything that happened the previous evening is left behind at the other bar and there will be no hard feelings between you and he? I don't THINK so. And if I owned the bar, I'd likely ban the individual because I don't want the same problems in my own establishment where my friends hang out.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Let's try this again... "You have exactly (27) posts here... why don't you contribute something and participate in the forum in a positive manner before you start ragging on people here, ok?"
Was I ragging on some one? Not that I remember... I asked a question. In a nice way. I didn't call anyone names or use bad words... I answered your post in a nice way.
20ish of the post were contributing in a "positive" way. I told Stu thanks for taking the time to clean up a trail. More than once! I have told people kudos on a job well done when they did something cool to their Jeep. I told people how sorry I was when bad things happened to them. I posted something nice about that guy and his gay best friend. I don't see where I am ragging on people. Im sorry if you feel that way. I will take a step back and look at my post and see if your correct and if you are let me say I am sorry now.
Thanks

Robert
Old 09-07-2003, 12:54 AM

I take back and apologize for when I implied you had not participated in a positive manner in many of those 27 posts, I went back and looked at your past posts after I said that. But the rest of what I said stands.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
I can respect your opinion Bob. Thanks for your explaination.

I guess I just didn't understand your view because I'm the same everywhere I go. Here, JU, & the many other boards I frequent. I believe I'm the same in person too.

Maybe I need to change my ways

Thats great if you can do that. I am still working on being the same person every where I go. Don't change for anyone. Thats what makes this a great place.

Robert
Old 09-07-2003, 01:03 AM

Quote:
I take back and apologize for when I implied you had not participated in a positive manner in many of those 27 posts, I went back and looked at your past posts after I said that. But the rest of what I said stands.
Thanks for the apology. Its no big deal. I am going to step out of this thread because I know how I feel about it. I also know that all the post in the world are not going to make you change your mind. Im glad that you are able to stick to you guns and can post in a well thought out way. I'll see you on another thread.
Don't get owned! And no you can not live in my head rent free!

Robert
Old 09-07-2003, 01:06 AM

Fair enough Bob, I'm glad we all remained fairly civil in this exhange and that we at least mostly understand each other's point of view on this.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:23 AM

I?ve never known Blain or any of his friends to lay down and take anybody?s abuse. If Fleg wants to come here and spew a bunch of bile he will get it returned in spades.

One of the things that appealed the most to me about this board is the 30-minute edit timer. I think it is what contributes to the adult manner in which we interact when discussing difficult subjects. It keeps everybody honest. And if you make a fool of yourself it stays here forever.

Quote:
And if I owned the bar, I'd likely ban the individual because I don't want the same problems in my own establishment where my friends hang out.
Or maybe that individual will stay away because he knows he will get his but kicked? Something has made him keep his posts completely civil in this establishment.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Handlebars

One of the things that appealed the most to me about this board is the 30-minute edit timer. I think it is what contributes to the adult manner in which we interact when discussing difficult subjects. It keeps everybody honest. And if you make a fool of yourself it stays here forever.

BTDT
Old 09-08-2003, 06:40 AM

Talking I can never be owned...

however I have been rented a few times

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 09-08-2003, 06:52 AM

Re: I can never be owned...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cutch
however I have been rented a few times
Don't I know.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Re: owned on JU

Quote:
So if a person gets owned on JU should they take it out on the person in another message board?
I don't know... I think I am big enough of a man to let it go and not get butt hurt or drag it to another message board. But that is just me.
I think just because someone is living in your head rent free on JU or any other message board it shouldn't be an issue on other massage boards if nothing has happened on another board....
What do you think?

Oh yeah... This was just a issue I was thinking about. So, don't think I am directing it at anyone. If you feel like I am... Suck it up wussy!
Fatbob, I've given this some thought. I've decided that you posted this directly on here in response to your compadre's snivelling on another board even after he admits what his intent has been.

You attempted to have this come across as an original thought out of your head and it's patently obvious what your intent was and where it came from judging by your "That's not cool" remark elsewhere.

You say you are a big enough man to not drag crap to another board as a response, yet that's exactly what this is.

Tell you what, how about you don't do this again, alright?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:42 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

it is not at all uncommon for some on the ju board, and all those other immature people to go from board to board posting things just to stir the pot. i dont go arround slamming other forums, as i am a moderator on others, but often the actions of some of the forums participants (ju) speak for themselves... the admins on ju made a big mistake with the ot2 forum... it opened too many doors, and if it stayed in that section alone, (which it does not) it would'nt be so bad... it bleeds over into other threads, then onto other boards.. a shame, really.
i used to frequent ju, until the constant, and consistant bashing ... it really takes away from my internet jeeping fun.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 09-09-2003, 07:10 AM
Banned

Geeez.... gone for a few days. What had have happened? I must miss the firework on JU too, huh ?

Your folks are way too serious ..... Life is too short. You win some and you loose some. Life is good. You poke fun at me and I poke fun at you as long as no names calling and no F word. By the end of the day, we all go home and enjoy our family - all happy.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
JU and JeepBBS are social gathering places for Jeepers. Clubs and bars are too and have much of the same social interaction.
I agree that they both are have much of the same social interaction, but yet they have much different perspective.

On BBS, you need thicker skin and broader shoulder, otherwise you will become really miserable fast.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by underDAWG
Geeez.... gone for a few days. What had have happened? I must miss the firework on JU too, huh ?

Your folks are way too serious ..... Life is too short. You win some and you loose some. Life is good.
I don't care if you pick on me. I don't care if you pick on my rig. I don't even care if you pick on my welding. I know where my skill level is there. I don't even care if pick on my knowledge.

What you can't do though is slam my friends and disparage them for associating with me. You also can't attempt to sweep all your disparaging comments about me and my friends under the carpet by saying I am too serious or take things too seriously.

You for one appreciate answers to questions that are and have been taken seriously. Where would you like me to draw the line?

Only be serious about tech questions and then allow you to run your mouth about everything else?

Which is it?
Old 09-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Banned

Wow Blaine, obviously you are upset. I did not realize the seriousness until now. But I can ensure that if I were the sole source of your problem I certainly can resolve it, and Life is good again. However, if this involves more than me, other involving parties including your colleagues to need to cooperate. We all need to step back and review our actions in the past.

This is a perfect case of the poking fun went sour, and someone got hurt. Hopefully we all are mature individuals and value the common bond that we share in Jeeps, work out our differences.

You are not my enemy nor you are mine; disparaging was not my intent. However, because my association with Harry B, Ron, Jim B and my love of driving manual have resulted numerous teases. I did not take it as offense even often being calling names. Occasionally, I do like to join in to have some fun and enjoy the ride. It is all mind game, and takes the edge off in my job. If my strategy and words have upset you, I certainly can stop; there is where I draw the line. I also want to call on your colleagues including ?MathewBrewSucks? and ?he?sback? to refrain from poking fun. With your influence, I am sure we will gain their cooperation. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:45 AM

Call it like you see it.

Quote:
Fatbob, I've given this some thought. I've decided that you posted this directly on here in response to your compadre's snivelling on another board even after he admits what his intent has been.

You attempted to have this come across as an original thought out of your head and it's patently obvious what your intent was and where it came from judging by your "That's not cool" remark elsewhere.

You say you are a big enough man to not drag crap to another board as a response, yet that's exactly what this is.

Tell you what, how about you don't do this again, alright?
I see your doing some homework.
Yeah thats true that I wanted it to be an original thought. I wasn't going to say you name or his. But it didn't work like that.... Why I thought it would work I don't know. You are correct that I did drag it in here. I shouldn't have done it like I did. Sorry about that.
As for me doing something like this again... I won't do it in the same way I did it this time. I promises I'll be direct and call it like I see it. I'll pose direct questions with no dancing around the bush. I give you my word that I will keep my end of it civil and hopefully well thought out. If that thats not the answer you were looking for... I don't know what to tell ya.
Im not going to hide in the corner just because you have the keys to this place. I will call it like I see it. You did in this situation and I would hope that you would do the same thing if I it was flipped and I had the power.

Robert
Old 09-09-2003, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Wow Blaine, obviously you are upset. I did not realize the seriousness until now. But I can ensure that If I were the sole source of the problem of your problem I certainly can resolve it, and Life is good again. However, if this involves more than me, other involving parties including your colleagues to need to cooperate.

This is a perfect case of the poking fun went sour, and someone got hurt. Hopefully we all are mature individuals and value the common bond that we share in Jeeps, work out our differences.

You are not my enemy nor you are mine; disparaging was not my intent. However, because my association with Harry B, Ron, Jim B and my love of driving manual have resulted numerous teases. I did not take it as offense even often being calling names. Occasionally, I do like to join in to have some fun and enjoy the ride. It is all mind game, and takes the edge off in my job. If my strategy and words have upset you, I certainly can stop; there is where I draw the line. I also want to call on your colleagues including ?MathewBrewSucks? and ?he?sback? to refrain from poking fun. With your influence, I am sure we will gain their cooperation. Thanks.
You drive a manual?

Wow. There goes my respect right out the door.

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Re: Call it like you see it.

Quote:
I see your doing some homework.
Yeah thats true that I wanted it to be an original thought. I wasn't going to say you name or his. But it didn't work like that.... Why I thought it would work I don't know. You are correct that I did drag it in here. I shouldn't have done it like I did. Sorry about that.
As for me doing something like this again... I won't do it in the same way I did it this time. I promises I'll be direct and call it like I see it. I'll pose direct questions with no dancing around the bush. I give you my word that I will keep my end of it civil and hopefully well thought out. If that thats not the answer you were looking for... I don't know what to tell ya.
Im not going to hide in the corner just because you have the keys to this place. I will call it like I see it. You did in this situation and I would hope that you would do the same thing if I it was flipped and I had the power.

Robert
Fair enough.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow Blaine, obviously you are upset. I did not realize the seriousness until now. But I can ensure that If I were the sole source of the problem of your problem I certainly can resolve it, and Life is good again. However, if this involves more than me, other involving parties including your colleagues to need to cooperate.

I'm not really that upset. I just have a direct way of looking at things and am often accused of yelling when I am just talking normally.

My problem with you stems from you telling folks that my friends are afraid of me. You are confusing a bond of friendship born on many trail runs, countless hours of working on each others jeeps and mutual respect for blind servitude. It's clearly not the case. We have a great and clear understanding of one each other and the boundaries involved.

We have discussed this aspect in depth and if you take the vehicle of choice away from us, we would still be friends. Our common bond is respect, not rig.

Linyee, comments about my friends being afraid to state their opinion can no way be construed as any thing less than disparaging. Anyone who wishes to travel that road with me better get ready for a bumpy ride. I will toss your butt to the curb in an instant if you attempt to get between me and my friends. I won't tolerate it, enjoy it, or ignore it.

As far as MattBrewSucks, I have no idea who that is, never have and don't know if I ever will. The fact does remain however that what Matt did does suck and there's not much I can do about that.

Once again you have insinuated that I have control over my friends, albeit I don't know the identity of the guilty parties, and that implies that servitude thing again. Doesn't work.

If you wish, take a lesson from Jim M. Harry B is his best friend and I am greatly looking forward to meeting him and taking him on a trail ride. I doubt there are a handful of things we see eye to eye on with the exception of friendship.

You folks that get all wound up about tranny and vehicle choice and let that define who you are and pick as friends really need to take a harder look at what's important. I don't really care what you drive or how you shift it. I only care about my choices and you need to quit trying to convince me that I made a bad one. Ain't gonna happen. Once again, I will quit wheelin if they outlaw autos on the trails. The point is, it's my choice, up to me and the way I want to do things that are important to me. It is not, nor should it be your way.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen
You drive a manual?

Wow. There goes my respect right out the door.

Allen
I drive a 5-speed automatic with a clutch....how about that
Old 09-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mnjeeper
I drive a 5-speed automatic with a clutch....how about that
You're a glutton for punishment.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:08 AM

Quote:
You folks that get all wound up about tranny and vehicle choice and let that define who you are and pick as friends really need to take a harder look at what's important. I don't really care what you drive or how you shift it. I only care about my choices and you need to quit trying to convince me that I made a bad one. Ain't gonna happen. Once again, I will quit wheelin if they outlaw autos on the trails. The point is, it's my choice, up to me and the way I want to do things that are important to me. It is not, nor should it be your way.
I found this out the hard way. With my first TJ, I made many friends and had a lot of fun.

After that Jeep, I very seriously considered a Toyota pickup, with plans for a SAS and bobbed bed. I looked at many, many turcks, and almost bought one.....had the cash in hand.....but I had issues with it.....

You wouldn't believe how many of my Jeep "Friends" quit talking to me. Over a stupid frickin' truck.

That was when I found out who my true friends were.....funny, sometimes I see a lot of the same stuff in the manual vs. auto agrument.

It's all about the person.....and that's coming from me. See my sig if you're confused.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?