Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 09-09-2003, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mnjeeper
I drive a 5-speed automatic with a clutch....how about that
Wow.

Sucks to be you!

Actually, I've been there and done that.

I just like giving people a hard time.

My '97 TJ was a 5 speed. Once I had a hand throttle, I loved it. No complaints, no problems. Thought I'd never drive anything but a manual.

This time I went with an automatic. Call me crazy.

I wanted to find out once and for all which is better.....

For me.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen
I found this out the hard way. With my first TJ, I made many friends and had a lot of fun.

After that Jeep, I very seriously considered a Toyota pickup, with plans for a SAS and bobbed bed. I looked at many, many turcks, and almost bought one.....had the cash in hand.....

You wouldn't believe how many or my Jeep "Friends" quit talking to me. Over a stupid frickin' truck.

That was when I found out who my true friends were.....funny, sometimes I see a lot of the same stuff in the manual vs. auto agrument.

It's all about the person.....and that's coming from me. See my sig if you're confused.....

Allen
Maybe I'm lucky in this respect, coming from a moderately-populated area.

There aren't enough Jeepers who go offroad that we can be snobbish like that, but there are enough folks that we usually can get a decent-sized group together once or twice a month.

In fact, the most heavily-modified & capable rigs I've seen have been Toys. A guy with a full-size diesel Blazer is right up there with them, though. And another guy with a little old Willys w/the flathead 4-banger & 31s goes absolutely everywhere he wants. He doesn't *want* to go through the 5' deep mudholes anymore, since he's btdt already....

You're absolutely right, Allen; it's all about the person.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Croaker
You're absolutely right, Allen; it's all about the person.
.......but some of us apparently are not respected enough to be able to figure that out for ourselves Hence my title - it is a deliberate foil to some of the behind the back comments and snickering that seems to prevale in some groups.

Blaine is my friend. Kathryn is also my friend and I am proud to call both of them that, as they are that in the true meaning of the word. Alot of folks mis-define acquaintances as friends and while they are welcome to do that, a few of us here chose not to.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:41 AM

You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
.......but some of us apparently are not respected enough to be able to figure that out for ourselves Hence my title - it is a deliberate foil to some of the behind the back comments and snickering that seems to prevale in some groups.

Blaine is my friend. Kathryn is also my friend and I am proud to call both of them that, as they are that in the true meaning of the word. Alot of folks mis-define acquaintances as friends and while they are welcome to do that, a few of us here chose not to.
I know Robert.

I think I've been called a puppy, or a sheep, or something.....even though I run Teraflex stuff .....I forget anyway, it wasn't important......

And Baline is my friend too.....among others here.....

But I really think Kat has it in for me.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:44 AM

Quote:

I think I've been called a puppy, or a sheep, or something.....
Shark bait comes to mind...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:46 AM

Quote:
IBut I really think Kat has it in for me.....

Allen
LOL, are you sure its her
Old 09-09-2003, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates

Couldn't have said it better myself Robert.

There is an animal theme amongst the name callers - first it was sheep, then toadies, now it's puppies....

Old McBlaine had a farm - eeee, iiii, eeee, iiii, oooo....

Jeff
Old 09-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
My opinion is, this whole JU owned BS, is just that... BS... Its exactly the reason I don't frequent JU as often as I used to. Its just not worth it for me anymore.. I am over there to answer a few questions when I can, but I refuse to start any topics, because I know somone's smart mouth with get the best of them.
Scott
Old 09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
My opinion is, this whole JU owned BS, is just that... BS... Its exactly the reason I don't frequent JU as often as I used to. Its just not worth it for me anymore.. I am over there to answer a few questions when I can, but I refuse to start any topics, because I know somone's smart mouth with get the best of them.
Scott
Well Scotty, that don't say much for us as seldom as you post here, now does it?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:53 PM

Cool Allen in his next life [wink]

Quote:
But I really think Kat has it in for me.....

Allen

It's all about me, me, me. Come and sing along with me, me, me
Old 09-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Banned for being bad

Re: Allen in his next life [wink]

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat

ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:09 PM

I read this and had about 30 million comments for people as the thread went a long. I got a lot of chuckles as people did little dances, played with words, defended friends who weren't posting here, funny little quips and internet coolness sayings.

But here's 5 cents worth of insight from William Karstens, a guy who's been through the ups and downs of friendships, the jeeping internet.. and one or two other things (but I'm still young and green behind the ears, really I am).

Friends are important. Sometimes you get in arguements with them, and quit talking to them. Sometimes, you get busy in life, and time seems to stretch between wheeling time. Sometimes they type stuff that makes no sense. Sometimes they make you mad. But friends are important. They can't be replaced.

The internet is ONLY a form of communication. And it's only as good as two things: The person typing and the person reading. It can be easy to assume slights, disparaging remarks, threats, disrespect, etc. You can live with out it.

In the end, the time you WASTE fighting here, posting there, "owning" (what ever that is in reality, I don't know) around..

You could be with Family, children, and friends.

Friends matter. Once you know what a friend is, and what friendship means, youl learn that it matters. And all the rest is just "water flowing underground".

My useless drivel for the week. I'll shut up now.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William
And all the rest is just "water flowing underground".
Great song.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Great song.
Jeff sometimes it's uncanny, it's like you read my mind.

You're ok, you know that?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by William
Jeff sometimes it's uncanny, it's like you read my mind.

You're ok, you know that?
Thanks - You too - you know that?

I think Life During Wartime is my fav of theres though - but that one is a close second.

Jeff
Old 09-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Banned

Anyone that doesn't yet know, I created the MattBrewSucks login on JU (then let several use it). I thought I was helping out a friend.

Not long after, I traded a couple e-mails with Matt Brew, apologized for some childish sh*t, and we left it at that. And, I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks - You too - you know that?

I think Life During Wartime is my fav of theres though - but that one is a close second.

Jeff
I think Down and Out in Beverly Hills made me a fan of them, if I wasn't already. I should get thier CD. I think I saw that at Targett yesterday for like 8.99.

Speaking of big box, poor wage paying, culture destroying stores, I ran into a deal at Targett I couldn't pass up:

The best of David Bowie.

First time in years my wife and I sang together in the kitchen. For my daughters sake, probably the last time too!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 PM

Willilam - run out and rent or buy Stop Making Sense on DVD - it is excellent.

Bowie is also excellent. Young Americans has a great sax solo by David Sanborn.

Talk about a MAJOR hi-jack of threads...

Jeff
Old 09-09-2003, 09:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Well Scotty, that don't say much for us as seldom as you post here, now does it?
No Blaine,
The reason I don't post here as much as I SHOULD is mostly because I don't usually have much intelligible to say... But you knew that already right? I swear I'll post more... Heck, I posted in the fluff section the other day!
Scott
Old 09-09-2003, 09:26 PM

Post Hey you guys!

Quote:

William and Jeff, you are supposed to be singing along to Allen's song

ready.....

It's all about me, me, me! Come and sing along with me, me, me!, ME, ME, ME.....It's All About ME.....But Enough About ME.....What About You?.......What Do You Think Of ME, Me, Me!?

Old 09-10-2003, 12:13 AM

Quote:
The reason I don't post here as much as I SHOULD is mostly because I don't usually have much intelligible to say...
Scott, I'm sure you well know this by now, but as long as you are enjoying the content of this board, having fun here, & voiceing opinion in a civil manner about Jeeps or other topics, that's mostly what matters!

It's like a Jeepers "think tank" here on JeepBBS!!! LOL

Each contributing member here has a certain value, and you know you are welcome here. Don't hesitate to share your knowledge.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:39 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Quote:
The reason I don't post here as much as I SHOULD is mostly because I don't usually have much intelligible to say...
If that were a prerequisite for posting here, I would've been banned long ago.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
If that were a prerequisite for posting here, I would've been banned long ago.
lol!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 09-10-2003, 08:08 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Scott
Spot-on. Although I read and post over there less than you lately.

I don't think anyone can call me a puppy, etc. since I haven't met any of you, don't know any of you personally, haven't wheeled with any of you...yet! Possible events not withstanding (Robert, if you can make it up here in a few weeks, I'd be happy to wheel with you and show you around).

Wonder why I'm over here?

Couldn't be the mutual respect, lack of childish responses, and overall level of maturity, could it??

Hum.....
Old 09-10-2003, 08:22 AM

the level of thinking here vs. JU is like high school to MBA.

JU is fun to hang out go to sometimes, but if you REALLY need to dig up intelligent answers without getting the generic 'i run a tera 3t/RE 4.5 and it's the best ever' response than this is where to come.
the funny thing about these places is no one really treats it like real life. just b/c it's an internet meeting place doesn't give anyone the right to say things they wouldn't say in person b/c they can hide behind a screen. the beauty of the net is that it's made the world a lot smaller...but it also means you are accountable for your words on a much larger scale. my rules of thumb are: if i don't know what i'm talking about, i don't chime in. if i wouldn't say it to your face, i won't type it.

jake
Old 09-10-2003, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Willilam - run out and rent or buy Stop Making Sense on DVD - it is excellent.
....the big suit was a hoot

I was a fan from the time that Psycho Killer came out. I had pretty much given up on mainstream bloated rock by that time and was into anything that wasn't seen as "normal" The Clash, the B52's, The Talking Heads, The Sex Pistols - all of it. The original punk movement was way cool and I was right in the middle of it - damn I am showing my age
Old 09-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
No Blaine,
The reason I don't post here as much as I SHOULD is mostly because I don't usually have much intelligible to say... Scott

And I do
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:50 AM

Re: Allen in his next life [wink]

Quote:

I'm curious and flattered at the same time Kat.....

Just how much time a day do you spend on ME?

Is Blaine jealous? I'm thinking he should be.....

Allen
What About You?
What Do You Think Of Me?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:01 PM

Re: Re: Allen in his next life [wink]

Quote:
I'm curious and flattered at the same time Kat.....

Just how much time a day do you spend on ME?

Is Blaine jealous? I'm thinking he should be.....

Allen
I'm sorry to disappoint you Allen, but I only spent about 2 minutes on the post from thought to implementation!

I don't think that Blaine has anything to be Jealous of, I spend all of my time thinking about him

I had just renewed my subscription to Animation Factory. I spend $29.00 a year and they create new graphics everyday. They are incredible!

Blaine said the best part about the post was hearing me sing your song