Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-29-2003, 12:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
update

The fire is in Cedar Glen, which is the town I live in.. Its headed toward my house, which is 1/4 mile away.. and with all the dead trees that the assholes didnt get rid of, its gonna catch.. I guess I'll be staying in riverside for a while
Scott
Old 10-29-2003, 12:35 PM

Oh no, that is really bad news Scott and I'm really sadened by it. I'm praying for a miracle for you and your girlfriend's house.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Thanks Jerry.. I appreciate the prayers All I can say is, thank God we are all out, and everyone is safe.. that is all that REALLY matters.
Scott
Old 10-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Scott,

I'm so sorry to hear this.... build it bigger and better after this is all over!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 02:16 PM

That is terrible Scott - maybe, just maybe they'll get a handle on it - maybe the winds will change or something....

Jeff
Old 10-29-2003, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
update

The fire is in Cedar Glen, which is the town I live in.. Its headed toward my house, which is 1/4 mile away.. and with all the dead trees that the assholes didnt get rid of, its gonna catch.. I guess I'll be staying in riverside for a while
Scott
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the big problems in removing the trees has been the enviromental group Center for Biological Diversity. This is the same group that keeps suing to get all the land closures. Best of luck to you and your family.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
That is terrible Scott - maybe, just maybe they'll get a handle on it - maybe the winds will change or something....

Jeff
maybe they will, but like Ive said many times before.. its just a house, it can be rebuilt.... as long as loved ones are safe, to me, that is all that matters
Scott
Old 10-29-2003, 03:03 PM
dennisuello

Quote:
Originally posted by TJP
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the big problems in removing the trees has been the enviromental group Center for Biological Diversity.
And now they are getting a lot of dead diversity.

Scott, sorry to hear about your house.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:18 PM

If it weren't so "roadless" perhaps the fire fighters could get in there better.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Reggae

Unhappy Firefighter Killed In Julian

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2593406/detail.html
Old 10-29-2003, 04:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tim
we are all thinking of you guys down there and are hoping for the best. take care friends...
Old 10-29-2003, 04:22 PM

The sky is dark and puting out an eerie yellow cast on everything due to the fires. in SC.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
The sky is dark and puting out an eerie yellow cast on everything due to the fires. in SC.
It's the same here in southern Utah! The sky is dark and the sun was a deep red color. You can smell the smoke, too.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 PM

Well, the fire that was in cedar glen has consumed about 250 homes... and it was going straight for mine, so Im pretty sure mine is gone, but I don't know for sure yet.. anyone know where to get info on addresses that have had some damage?
Scott
Old 10-29-2003, 07:43 PM

Hey there here's a few photos from my house this weekend. I didn't even knw what was going on. I was putting in a new compressor and kept hearing helicopters (which are pretty rare here) so I finally decided to go out of the garage, this is what I saw

and this one which is looking over the Jeep Dealership behind my house

Needless to say I spent the next 2 days on my roof with a garden hose.

Deserves got nothing to do with it
Old 10-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Sean,

You can't link from your hard drive unless you use the "attach" button under the main text body area.

Scott,

I honestly have seen anythign that gave specific addys. Are you in teh Cedar fire or one of the other ones? I'm not sure where you live.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HIGLET
Hey there here's a few photos from my house this weekend. I didn't even knw what was going on. I was putting in a new compressor and kept hearing helicopters (which are pretty rare here) so I finally decided to go out of the garage, this is what I saw

Old 10-29-2003, 08:43 PM

Unhappy

Not good news on Running Springs where Scott Hill's family and my friends live. I just read the following on Yahoo...

"By early afternoon, homes were burning in the mountain community of CedarPines Park. The flames were expected to hit the town of Running Springs after crews weren't able to set backfires along a highway to protect the town. The fires also swept over mountain tops, forcing evacuations in parts of the high desert town of Hesperia. "
Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HIGLET

Not much of a surprise. I drove through Simi about 1pm on Saturday and all you could see was a little smoke coming from Piru. I came back through at 4:30 and you couldn't see the sky. I made it through to T.O. before the 118 was closed but had problems getting back to the east end at 7pm.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:59 PM

Scott, possibly you'll find info here:

http://www.lakearrowheadnews.com/

SCOTT@LAKEARROWHEADNEWS.COM

San Bernardino County Fire Information 909 355.8800

"Fire Hotline" San Bernardino National Forest 909 383.5688

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/features/eastmap
Old 10-29-2003, 11:40 PM

A bit of good news guys.. I talked to my dad, who was watching the channel 4 news tonight. He said that the reporter was repoting from cedar glen autobody, which is close to my house, and he was reporting that the fire hadn't made it that far yet, and it was headed the opposite direction... Which unfortunately means its headed toward running springs, but that also means that my house may not have been hit. I won't know for sure until we can get up there though.. But its looking a bit more optomistic for me.. Keep the prayers going, they seem to be helping.

If the fire is in fact headed toward running springs, Scott Hills house could be in danger.. I know I will be praying hard for him and his family.. I will update as I know more about my area.

Joe Dillard,
Im sending you a PM now...

Wind Danzer,
I live in the same area that Scott Hill lives in, in fact I am about 15 minutes from him....

Scott
Old 10-30-2003, 07:06 AM
AA reject

I just heard on the news that the fire in ceder glen was out. Hope it stays that way.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:10 AM

There has been a steady drizzle here at work. Hopefully, some of the moisture will get as far as the fire areas.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris L
I just heard on the news that the fire in ceder glen was out. Hope it stays that way.
The fire has gone THROUGH cedar glen, but is going toward the running springs area from what I understand. Its looking like it missed my house, but I won't know for sure till we can get up there... I'll be keeping Scott Hill and many others I know in running springs, in my prayers.
Scott
Old 10-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Reggae

Just talked to a lady friend of mine. She lives at the corner of Jackson and Mission George. She told me that when the fire came to the San Diego River, they had mandatory evacuation, police knocked on her door, but she didn't answer. She said she wanted to stay and water the roof of the house. She said that house was the only thing she had. Then police came through the back yard and got her out. I think she was upset they didn't let her stay, as there was not a single fire engine around, just a whole bunch of police.

Fortunately her house didn't burn.

I know there are a lot of liability issues. But there got to be a mechanism put in place where volunteers should be allowed to participate, or at least protect their own property.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:43 PM

Cool

I know it's nothing here, compared to what y'all are going through out there, but, the wind's changed direction (there and here), and we have a *TON* of smoke now in Tucson, today.
I can smell it, and it's so thick here, it's like fog. Couldn't see the mountains this morning.
The winds picked up some this afternoon, and I can see blue sky again, and parts of the near mountains

Fred
Suspension - 4.5" Currie Suspension Lift + 2" PA body lift, RS9000 Shocks, Currie front adjustable track bar. Currie Tie Rod and Drag Link, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, Currie control arms. RE adjustable rear track bar.
Axles & Lockers - Dana30/Dana44; LockRite/Full Detroit; 4.56.
Drivetrain - AA SYE and CV Driveshaft, Tera 2wd lo.
Armor - Full
Wheels - 35x12.50 R15 MT/R's sipped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
Recovery - Warn XD9000i
Old 10-30-2003, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject

I know there are a lot of liability issues. But there got to be a mechanism put in place where volunteers should be allowed to participate, or at least protect their own property.
Sergey - this is why 19 people are dead - they didn't evacuate.

You cannot put a house fire out with a garden hose - and wetting the roof might help from falling cinders but when the wind pushed the fire through your neighborhood you'll be dead.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Reggae

If this was in fact the case, it was their choice. If I can go jump off the bridge anytime I want I should be able to risk my life and water the ambers with a garden hose, if that is what I choose to do.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
If this was in fact the case, it was their choice. If I can go jump off the bridge anytime I want I should be able to risk my life and water the ambers with a garden hose, if that is what I choose to do.
Unfortunately Sergey, you have become a citizen of a country that is duty bound to protect you from yourself and veils the truth of the constitution with arbitrary actions.

You can jump from a bridge to your death, only if there are no police or firemen or do-gooders around.

You cannot own property, only rent it. If you think when your mortgage is paid off you own something, try withholding rent in the form of property taxes and see what happens.

We have free speech with the approval of the FCC.

You pay for roads with your taxes and then your right to drive is licensed to you as a privilege. Could you not drive on roads not built by the government and not need licensing?

You can bear arms with permission and registration.

You can go to war, get blown to hell and back, but not while legally drinking.

You have little to no control of your body, try riding a motorcycle without a helmet, or driving without your seatbelt.

We have to be granted access to lands for recreation owned by ourselves and then pay a use fee.

Something seems amiss somewhere.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
You can jump from a bridge to your death, only if there are no police or firemen or do-gooders around.
And ironically, you can be punished legally for attempting, but not punished for succeding.