Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-07-2001, 09:41 PM
Reggae

Roctoberfest 2001

I am back home from Johnson Valley. That was a fun fun weekend. It was very nice to spend time with old friends. And it was very pleasant to make new friends; like Josef, the YJ guy with coils we met on Aftershock on Saturday.

Hellbender made it through all the way from Missouri. He turned out to be a good guy, and an excellent spotter. Even though he hasn’t been in the rocks before, he picked up from Mr. Blaine very quickly core points of finding the right line.

It was extremely pleasurable to see you all who showed up for the event; except for that country singer guy, I think he was on mushrooms.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 10-08-2001, 08:53 AM

First I want to say thank you to everyone for
the spotting and the rock throwing.
It was great to meet you all in person and put faces to you.
I had a great time, although my knees
feel like they were run over by a bus. (old m/c accident)

Anyone ever do a belly up on a CJ ?

Bruce

PS Robert I have your CD.

Its just a sign of the times,,,,,,,,,,,,
Going forward,,,in reverse,,,,,,
Old 10-09-2001, 09:09 AM

Holy Shcnikes!!!! J Valley is insane wheeling and I didn't even do wrecking ball Not enough Jeep for that tirewise for me but I did have a great time on Clawhammer and Aftershock. It was great wheeling with everybody and I think we showed all who were on the organized run with us on Saturday what real Jeeping is all about. Not only did we save the run, we all drove the trail like there was no tomorrow. Gotta love it when everyone works together. Thanx Blaine and Kat for getting me signed up.

TO - what no props for my spotting? I get you through 2/3 of Wrecking Ball and Brad gets all the credit for taking you over the top - sheesh

Bruce, thanx for the heads up on the cd and I still have that spare winch cable for you in teh back of my truck. We need to work something out for you to come out and get that 4.0L motor out of Ryans storage this weekend if at all possible - we can trade goods there if we get it figured out.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:04 AM
Reggae

I just wanted to say something nice about Brad, because it looks like a trendy thing around here to say something nice about him.

Robert, you’ve done a hell of a job spotting and throwing rocks! I wish I had you as a spotter at that first waterfall where I had done all the damage to my rig when a bunch of coil spring hating amateurs was having fun running me into rocks with all parts of my jeep. It was an honor to have you spotting for us! I appreciate it!

Bruce, thank you for stacking rocks man!

I know that I must have forgotten to prize other people.

Mr. Blaine thank you far all the advice you gave me. I know that at least half of it I was able to implement and start using! JeepKat, thank you for signing us up for the event, without you I would probably not come, and miss out on all the fun!

Kangaroo, thank you for your meat, I promise I will never eat you again.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 10-09-2001, 10:10 AM

I was just teasing you Sergey and yes, Brad is a heck of a guy - even if I do feel trendy saying that

Seriously, Brad, nice of you to come all the way out from Misu to go wheeling with us and hope you come back. Anyways, sure is ( or I should say - was ) a pretty rig you built. I still need an address from you to ship that check out. And we will need to talk radiators and bana clips sometime too after you get settled back into your routine once you are home safe.

Oh and yea, I heard about that toxic waste kangaroo - I am kinda glad I didn't stop to have lunch with you guys

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/Swampers
www.geocities.com/yatezess/
Old 10-09-2001, 10:28 AM

Hey Bob,
Do you have my fun baggie? Can I grab it this week when I pick up Humpty?

Thanks.
sethj

Humpty Dumpty Land: Formerly Tightey Whitey World
Old 10-09-2001, 10:53 AM

Yep - never used it either. I was going to run it down to Blaine later in the week but if you tell me what time you are going to be in Pomona - hopefully later in the day - I can meet up with you or you can come by for some dinner and some coldies if you want. I am on the way back to SD down the 15 or across the toll road to the 5. Anyways, thanx.

98 TJ Sport
Old 10-09-2001, 12:13 PM

Perfect. I'm hoping it will be sometime towards thursday or friday.

Seth

Old 10-09-2001, 12:36 PM

No problem - I am usually home fomr work by 5:15-5:30 and I can also leave it out for you if you want to come by earlier. Call 909-262-5130 if you want to get in touch with me.

98 TJ Sport
Old 10-09-2001, 12:42 PM

hey... what do you do, anyway?