Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Hill
some one needs to ban Blaine from erasing my posts, I finally find 2 typos in one of his posts and he deleted it, you SOB

I have an idea just let me delete Blaines comments on my F'd up typing I guess some one can dish it out but not take it.

Scott
I can take it, I just don't have to. They are not typos, I did them that way on purpose.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Reggae

Why not to wheel a bus

A United States Air Force Officer received 470,000 Dollars; he did not wheel a bus.
Another Man received 40,000 Dollars and lost it because he wheeled a bus.

Whereas in the Philippines, Gene Welch lost his wife 51 days after wheeling a bus. However, before his death, he received 7,555,000 dollars.

Please let everyone know not to wheel a bus.

This wisdom comes from Venezuela from Saul De Groda, a Missionary from South America.

Constantine Dias did not wheel a bus. A few days later he won a lottery of two million dollars.

Carlos Daditt, an office employee, was told not to wheel a bus and forgot it. He lost his job. Later, he remembered, and quit wheeling bus. A few days later he got a better job.

Dalan Fairchild believed in wheeling a bus. Nine days later he died.

In 1987, a young woman in California promised herself that she would never wheel a bus, but she broke the promise. She was plagued with various problems, including expensive car repairs. Then finally she quit wheeling bus and got a new TJ.

Good Luck but please just say no to bus.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Reggae

Confronting a Bus Problem

Confronting someone with his or her bus wheeling is rarely easy. Because confrontation is something that makes many people uncomfortable, too often we choose to remain silent in spite of our concern for someone's well-being. ("It's really none of my business!") Some of us may even feel self-conscious about our own past behavior and choose not to confront. ("I mean, it's not like I haven't driven a bus before!") This unwillingness to speak out may mean that someone with a real problem might never be confronted with his/her behavior. The person is then left to assume that we either approve of the behavior or simply don't care.

Uncertainty over whether the person actually has a problem might also contribute to our hesitancy to confront. The fact is, sometimes it's very difficult to tell if a person has a problem, especially if he/she is doing everything possible to hide or deny it. Still, there are a number of warning signs that may indicate someone is having a problem, especially if they appear frequently.

Unfortunately, many of us have come to accept wheeling a bus as "normal" or "acceptable" and may excuse the behavior as being typical and unworthy of addressing. Warning signs to look for include, but are not limited to, diving a bus frequently, talking about wheeling a bus, high tolerance to bus wheeling, lying about the amount and frequency of bus wheeling, planning to wheel a bus, pressuring others to wheel a bus, and feeling run-down, depressed, hopeless, or even suicidal.

After recognizing any one of these signs, it is important to talk with the person about how the bus is affecting his/her life and relationships. It's best to couch your comments in concern over the person's health and well-being. Don't preach or threaten, as this can cause someone who may feel alone to withdraw further. Be confident and positive, reaffirming that the person is loved and valued, but the behavior is not. Be supportive and hopeful for change, reassuring that you will help to find the assistance needed.

Be prepared for denial and resentment as well. Not only can it be difficult to confront, it can be difficult to be confronted. It is important that you remain calm and focused, avoiding confrontation when you are feeling upset. Most importantly, never confront someone while he/she is operating a bus. This will most likely be ineffective, as the person will not be thinking clearly.

Finally, take care of yourself. You may consider speaking with a professional about how someone's bus wheeling is affecting your life.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:20 PM

I really don't know why you guys all get your panties in a bunch over nothing... Looks to me like Dave got baited more than once with a bus comment before he replied, and his reply really wasn't that snotty... Since when did a little damage to a door count as carnage anyway? I hit both front fenders this weekend, but did it get mentioned... no, because I could care less.

Outer Limits was a great time and Goatman and Dave did better in some spots than I did in the TJ and worse than me in others. Having wheeled with Dave on more than one occasion, he comes across with NO ATTITUDE. Just a guy who wants to wheel and help others do the same. So why make a mountain out of a mole hill... Or does this board just live for the Soap Opera?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Or does this board just live for the Soap Opera?
When I was a child, I remember my mother always watching General Hospital. She lived for that soap opera.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
AA reject

We are just a bunch of TJ/YJ supremist {and 1 FJ guy} that could really give a **** what any one else drives. We do care about who we wheel with. If we dont like you, or you dont have your **** together, or drink on the trail, then you wont be wheeling with us. I have wheeled with many a bus driver {X bus driver myself} and have never met anyone I disliked or would not want to wheel with again, except for one guy named Uncle g$#@%&R who broke his **** all over clawhammer and I had to tow his ass out in the dark. It's just a little ribbing, get over it. Most have brought it upon themselves.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 PM
AA reject

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Here, let me help you, go to www.wherearemynuts.com and see if you can buy a pair.

Truck nuts. Everyone needs a set of these....
Old 10-12-2004, 11:00 PM

Re: Is it a boy? A girl? It's a BUS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Sergey - hilarious (this and the other posts)
Old 10-12-2004, 11:03 PM

I was on board for the cameron picture, the monkey picture and even the pregnancy picture, but I have to draw the line at posting the "wheels on the bus" song.

Sorry.

That's just wrong.

Do you have any idea how many times in the last 6 months or so I've heard that darn song?

I ran out of kleenex just trying to type this damn post because my eyes are still bleeding from reading the words.

You suck Sergey. Have you no feelings at all man?
Old 10-12-2004, 11:21 PM

I guess my "restring" comment must have hit a nerve... It disappeared so quickly. Apparently whoever deleted it didn't notice my comment was followed by a "grin to indicate jocularity."
Old 10-12-2004, 11:27 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Re: Confronting a Bus Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
...Unfortunately, many of us have come to accept wheeling a bus as "normal" or "acceptable" and may excuse the behavior as being typical and unworthy of addressing. Warning signs to look for include, but are not limited to, diving a bus frequently, talking about wheeling a bus, high tolerance to bus wheeling, lying about the amount and frequency of bus wheeling, planning to wheel a bus, pressuring others to wheel a bus, and feeling run-down, depressed, hopeless, or even suicidal.
ROTFLMAO!!!

don't worry erik, I got your back.

ever think about a round headlight mod???
Old 10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
as i reread my previous post, i realized it needed afew more quotes.

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
TJ board?!
well, i have a MANUAL shift YJ, nd i like to hang out on this board

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
You're next coal cart boy - don't get too comfortable.
so there they are...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:36 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

Re: Re: Confronting a Bus Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
ROTFLMAO!!!

don't worry erik, I got your back.

ever think about a round headlight mod???
HA! be careful, there brian... you arent too far off yourself. after all you do have a manual transmission.
they might just ban us all

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I really don't know why you guys all get your panties in a bunch over nothing... Looks to me like Dave got baited more than once with a bus comment before he replied, and his reply really wasn't that snotty... Since when did a little damage to a door count as carnage anyway? I hit both front fenders this weekend, but did it get mentioned... no, because I could care less.

Outer Limits was a great time and Goatman and Dave did better in some spots than I did in the TJ and worse than me in others. Having wheeled with Dave on more than one occasion, he comes across with NO ATTITUDE. Just a guy who wants to wheel and help others do the same. So why make a mountain out of a mole hill... Or does this board just live for the Soap Opera?
Why make mountains out of molehills? As I explained to Dave privately, if I were to come to your campfire and pull the same shenanigans, what would your reaction be?

Here's another reason- I truly dislike those who are unable to make up their own minds and form their own opinions about others based on their own personal experiences.

Take Scott Evans for example and his pathetic, truly pathetic request yesterday to have his user account deleted.

Ask him what his interaction with us had been on a personal level. When he relates that the only time he has met us was on the OTR Rookie run and that he was dealt with respectfully, generously, and with true friendliness, then why would have have any opinion or desire other than to continue that? That is unless someone else is making up his mind for him?????

We spotted his leaf sprung rig, kept him out of trouble, when he broke his u-joint on his rear driveshaft, we robbed parts, rendered aid, repaired him, continued the spotting and got him back to camp with some nice camraderie around the campfire, good food and good folk and good fun. That's it, the total of our experiences with him and he wants his account deleted. Give me a break!!!!

The rest of it. You guys have combined about 3 posts total in the last 8 months. Now, you all want to come in here and act all offended over what? We didn't go to where you hang out and act as if we walked right through something that you worked your butt off on.

I just wanted a little clarification from your "NO ATTITUDE" buddy as to why he seemed more than willing to spin crap to suit his position.

Here's the bottom line Richie, if he walked up to my campfire out in JV, I'd ask the same question. You know that to be true as enough of your brethren have had questions asked of them at my fire that they didn't like, to bear this out.

If you think baiting someone is justification for spin, go ahead and attempt to bait me about my rig. I know what it is, I know how it works, I know it's weaknesses and strengths. What I won't do is let it dictate my personality to the point that my responses are framed in the context of driving a certain style of vehicle.

At the risk of being repetitive, if we offend you so much, why do you keep showing up and why now? We didn't seek out your campfire to pi$$ in.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:52 AM

Quote:
So why make a mountain out of a mole hill... Or does this board just live for the Soap Opera?
You should ask your friends this question with all the "please remove me" posts. Seriously - how much drama is necessary? You can just go away, not read or troll here, and move on. You don't need to be "removed".

Again - I ask why do you guys visit here? I see you had one post 6 months ago, and another 2 months before that. I'm not suggesting that people who post here need to contribute on a daily basis, but it seems like you and some others only come out when you want to start some drama. Davids last post was 4 months ago. Paul's last post was 9 months ago when Garry and Blaine had their falling out. I'm not even sure when Jes's last post was.

It would seem that you guys like to come over and poke at us - and then you wonder "why, oh why" when it gets like this. You don't see us poking around your campfire or your forums. Frankly we don't care.

Jeff
Old 10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Frankly we don't care.

Jeff
Come on you old softy, your repeated insistance that you don't care is a clear sign that you care.
Hugs
Old 10-13-2004, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris L
We are just a bunch of TJ/YJ supremist {and 1 FJ guy} that could really give a ****
HEY CHRIS,,,,, Don't forget me.
What do I have to do to
get some respect around here ?????????

I may not have round springs,
but I've had round headlights longer than you have... ~

Its just a sign of the times,,,,,,,,,,,,
Going forward,,,in reverse,,,,,,
Old 10-13-2004, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce David
What do I have to do to
Get some steering on that pile of yours
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Reggae

Smile

Hey Chris,

Tell that photographer who took the picture of nuts you posted, that he has to ether quit working naked, or stick to non-reflective objects.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 AM

Robert,
I got you a tee shirt......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multitalented12.jpg (13.4 KB, 336 views)

Old 10-13-2004, 11:29 AM

Sergey,
I got you one to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aman\'stshirt15.jpg (9.2 KB, 349 views)

Old 10-13-2004, 11:40 AM
AA reject

Quote:
HEY CHRIS,,,,, Don't forget me.
What do I have to do to

I may not have round springs,
but I've had round headlights longer than you have... ~
Bruce my most sincere apologies to you. Add one very bad ass CJ7 to the above list
Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Robert,
I got you a tee shirt......
My response was accurate then if that shirt is my reward for it
Old 10-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Bruce,

I gratefully accept the gift. May I have it delivered by Adriana Lima in lingerie?

Thank you!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris L
Bruce my most sincere apologies to you. Add one very bad ass CJ7 to the above list
I'm glad you apologized, or I would have asked to be 'DELETED'?.. BAAAWWWW !!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you apologized, or I would have asked to be 'DELETED'?.. BAAAWWWW !!!!!!!
Now you owe me a keyboard! I just spit more water all over my desk!!!

Jeff
Old 10-13-2004, 09:14 PM

Maybe it's possible to shift gears back into where *I think* ChrisL originally hoped this thread would lead.....at least a little.

All I wanted to add is that I had a SUPER time with everybody and certainly look forward to being there again soon!
Old 10-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
Maybe it's possible to shift gears back into where *I think* ChrisL originally hoped this thread would lead.....at least a little.

All I wanted to add is that I had a SUPER time with everybody and certainly look forward to being there again soon!
i sure wish i could have made it..
how did your jeep hold up, joe? also... did you speak with rob yet?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 10-14-2004, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
i sure wish i could have made it..
how did your jeep hold up, joe? also... did you speak with rob yet?
The YJ held-up okay - chrome & all! Although I REALLY need to ditch my F&R bumpers and get some that are more functional and better suited. Also, there were a few occassions where if my CC tire & can carrier were absent - things would have went a bit better due to their inherant overhang and robbing some departure angle.

I've been meaning to call Rob up - but haven't done so just yet. I appreciate the part numbers!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Dillard
The YJ held-up okay - chrome & all! Although I REALLY need to ditch my F&R bumpers and get some that are more functional and better suited. Also, there were a few occassions where if my CC tire & can carrier were absent - things would have went a bit better due to their inherant overhang and robbing some departure angle.

I've been meaning to call Rob up - but haven't done so just yet. I appreciate the part numbers!
You can keep the chrome Joe, you just need to shorten it back to the frame rails.