Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-05-2005, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
MinuteMan , militia, what ever you want to call them are nothing more then white separatist, aryan.
I think you have been hanging around to many liberal college campus pukes if you really believe that Don
Old 04-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Don, that is a pretty uniformed assertion.

There's plenty of media coverage of what the Minutemen organization is doing and what observations they have made while they are at the boarder.

With a little searching, you could at least gather enough information to make more than a knee jerk assesment.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by speaceman
Don, that is a pretty uniformed assertion.

There's plenty of media coverage of what the Minutemen organization is doing and what observations they have made while they are at the boarder.

With a little searching, you could at least gather enough information to make more than a knee jerk assesment.
Well if you have been looking at the news then you would have seen the report from Tombstone and the interviews with the towns people and the aryan nation who have taken up just about every motel room there.

Not a knee assesment.
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
Quote:
Well if you have been looking at the news then you would have seen the report from Tombstone and the interviews with the towns people and the aryan nation who have taken up just about every motel room there.

Not a knee assesment.
So because your hobby attracts wife beating, mullet wearing, beer drinking fools that get the media coverage then you're the same?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:21 PM

Every report I have read or heard about the minutemen organization has been devoid of any mention of the arayan nation.

Can you provide a link showing that members of that group are participating in the minutemen organization?

[edit]

I just went through about 15 articles from various AZ newspapers about the minutemen and what is going on down at the boarder and I didn't see "arayan nation" mentioned once.

[edit 2]

I did find an article stating that the Mara Salvatrucha gang (MS-13) had sent members to Az. to take on the Minuteman organization.

So how about that link Don?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by John
So because your hobby attracts wife beating, mullet wearing, beer drinking fools that get the media coverage then you're the same?
Im not sure I understand your reply
ON BOARD AIR RULES!!!!01 Sport,Delayed response RULES !!!! Factory Hard Top, Auto, WARN? SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE RULES!!!! Silverstone , D44 with Trac-Lok and 3.73:1 , LIBERTY DIESEL RULES!!!! TERA S3T 3" Lift, Currie steering box brace, MetalFusion Fenders Rule!!!!Currie steering damper, BFGoodrich Krawler RULES !!!!Bilstein Shocks,Harbor Freight winches rule!!!! GY MTR 33x1250-15 on rockcrawler Rims, Sun Performance rocker skids. Tera T-Locker's rule!!!!

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Reggae

Quote:
Originally posted by John
In Don's household it's the wife that does the beating, and the other things you mentioned.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
In Don's household it's the wife that does the beating, and the other things you mentioned.
Thanks for clearing that up for me T

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:

Not a knee assesment.

I've been reading various news sources and have yet to find mention of the Aryan Nation brotherhood being involved with the Minutemen Project. I have seen reports of Minutemen officials voicing concerns about potential roudy or overzealous volunteers, and assuring they'll be reported to LEO when any law violations are observed.

Do you have a link to these news sources you referred to, with regards to the Aryan Nation?

John's reference was that of the stereotypical redneck fourwheeler image; just because some <insert John's great definition here> is into fourwheeling, doesn't mean everyone into fourwheeling is a <insert John's great definition here>.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
I've been reading various news sources and have yet to find mention of the Aryan Nation brotherhood being involved with the Minutemen Project. I have seen reports of Minutemen officials voicing concerns about potential roudy or overzealous volunteers, and assuring they'll be reported to LEO when any law violations are observed.

Do you have a link to these news sources you referred to, with regards to the Aryan Nation?

I will find it for you , I know it was on the 6:30pm national news. Like I said they interviewed locals in Tombstone where the Minutemen HQ is setup and their concerns with the Minutemen as well as the aryan nation being there, they also asked the man in charge of the Minutemen who was standing outside the Minutemen HQ talking with aryan nations national director August B. Kreis for an interview and he refused.

The Minutemen have already caused problems for the border patrol by setting of sensors placed by the border patrol.
Local legal latinos who live in Tombstone are being asked for ID by Minutemen

John's reference was that of the stereotypical redneck fourwheeler image; just because some <insert John's great definition here> is into fourwheeling, doesn't mean everyone into fourwheeling is a <insert John's great definition here>.
So John feels militia groups are stereotyped?

Feds Arrest 3 in Alleged Militia Plot
Militia leader gets 6 year sentence
Militia groups remain upset over Waco standoff
FBI Reveals Guns, Chemicals, Fake ID's
California militias revive their rhetoric
Wife accuses federal agents of conspiracy against spouse
Feds raid home of militia chief
Militia groups are shrinking, but Internet aids hate groups
Waning interest, arrests leading to decline of militia
Militia founder still sees plots in government
Former Ky. Militia Leader Sentenced
Militia founder leaving state for Alaska
A kinder, gentler militia?
Militia Members Guilty in Bomb Plot
Feds Offer Reward for Militia Boss
A Far-Right Militia's Far-Fetched Plot Draws Some Serious Attention
Montana Sheriff Contends Right-Wing Militia Plotted Killings
Grand jury indicts two in 1997 bank robbery
Domestic Terrorists: Homeland Defense
Judge Declares Mistrial in Bomb Case
Officers Kill Militia Voice
Man wanted in shooting known for racist radio program
Ex-militia member flees into highland
Milita activity on rise
Militia men held in murder plot
Militias see treatment of Idaho family as example of intrusive government
Bombing drives out militia members
No Militia Patsy
Militia groups say McVeigh case is proof of US plot
Five Years After Peak Of Militia Movement, Extremist Groups Fading
McVeigh factor destroys militias
McVeigh listened to militia-inspired Arizona broadcaster
Citing Declining Membership, a Leader Disbands His Militia
Indiana in middle of thriving militia region
Militiaman gets prison for evasion
Texas farm standoff enters second year
The militia lurking in your backyard
Militaman guilty of intimidation
Militia chief's trial remains in Galesburg
"For Christians there's a higher law than a federal judge"
An armed Texas family resists the courts
Texas milita standoff continues
Indianapolis Baptist Temple became a "cause celebre" for the radical right
Authorities conduct a quiet siege
Phony 'National Militia' Netted 2 Pipe-Bomb Suspects
Two men indicted in explosives inquiry
Militia leader sent to prison
Feds arrest militia trainer
Leader of militia will admit role in plot
Patriot movement leader acquitted of conspiracy, attempted kidnapping
Alleged California Y2K plotters plead not guilty
FBI arrests militia members for alleged bomb plot
FBI Breaks Up Sacramento Bomb Plot, Paper Says
Keeping an Eye on Would-Be Y2K Terrorists
FBI, Militia Members Exchange Views
Web sites give small militia a big voice
FBI Meets with Militia Groups
3 Militia Members Sentenced in Mich.
Inside a Nest of Vipers
'Vipers' in the 'Burbs
Armed and Dangerous
Enemies of the State
The View From the Far Right
A Sigh of Relief the Size of Montana
Militias Arming With Instruments of Fraud
Militias: Ranks are Swelling
Arizona viewed as a hotbed of patriots
10 bombs seized in raid of militia
Exposing the "militia" mythology
Mountaineer Militia: Men indicted in bomb plot
Jury Convicts Viper
Citizens' Militias Have Taken Hold in Rural California
Militia extremists defend their views
Scary Paramilitaries
Trouble on the Home Front
Militia Member Found Guilty
Field Manual of the Free Militia
Militia leader sentenced to 40 years

I just can't understand why

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:45 PM

And yet, you still haven't provided a link supporting your assertation that the arayan nation has anything to do with the minutemen or that the arayan nation are even currently in the area of tombstone as you so claimed.

You also need to do a little bit of research if you think the minutemen organization is a militia.

Aside from that, militias were very y2k. Haven't you heard that post millenium, it's all about the terrorists?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by speaceman
And yet, you still haven't provided a link supporting your assertation that the arayan nation has anything to do with the minutemen or that the arayan nation are even currently in the area of tombstone as you so claimed.

As I already said before moron, I seen the news report on TV and I think it was NBC at the 6:30pm hour, I am looking for this between jobs at work so when I find it I will post it.

Its no ****ing wonder jeep people get the bad rap that they do I don't just make this **** up as I go, I can comprehend what I see on a TV news story.

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
As I already said before moron, I seen the news report on TV and I think it was NBC at the 6:30pm hour, I am looking for this between jobs at work so when I find it I will post it.

Its no ****ing wonder jeep people get the bad rap that they do I don't just make this **** up as I go, I can comprehend what I see on a TV news story.
A google search for "+minuteman +aryan" turns up that while one Aryan Nations website has a hyperlink to the Minuteman website, the Minuteman organization is very concerned about possible infiltration attempts by the Aryan Nation and does not want them involved.

So ya, it does kinda look like you're making it up as you go along. Or rather, like way too many folks, heard the words "Minuteman" and "Aryan Nation" in the same story, and jumped to an unsupported conclusion.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:

It's funny to see someone call somebody else a moron, then contruct a sentence containing "... I seen the news report...".

Do any of the items on your list have anything to do with the Minuteman Project in Arizona?

Have you visited the Minuteman Project website? If so, please tell me what the very first sentence, at the very top of their homepage says.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
It's funny to see someone call somebody else a moron, then contruct a sentence containing "... I seen the news report...".

Do any of the items on your list have anything to do with the Minuteman Project in Arizona?

Have you visited the Minuteman Project website? If so, please tell me what the very first sentence, at the very top of their homepage says.

This one?
Quote:
"The Minuteman Project has no affiliation with, nor will we accept any assistance by or interference from separatists, racists or supremacy groups or individuals, no matter what their race, color, or creed."
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Croaker
This one?
Great, now Septicrock doesn't even have to go and look for himself! :-p
Old 04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Banned for being bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Croaker
This one?
Well hell if they say its so, it must be.

HUMMER SHOES RULE!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:31 AM

Saying:
Quote:
Is not the same thing as saying, "Well if you have been looking at the news then you would have seen the report from Tombstone and the interviews with the towns people and the aryan nation who have taken up just about every motel room there."

There are many different types of "news". Newspapers, periodicals, TV news, Cable News, etc.

I was asking for clarification as to where you saw that the arayan nation was affiliated with the minutemen.

So I have my search of various AZ newspapers yesterday with about 15 stories releated to the minutemen organziation with not one mention of the arayan nation vs. your one NBC TV news sound bite about how there are arayan nation members in Tombstone, Az.

Is that about the sum of it?

Or maybe I'm not seeing things clearly due to my moronism?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
Quote:

Pot... Kettle...
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Oh, and if NBC uses those words in the same story, then THAT must be, also. Gotcha.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Reggae

If hatred based on ethnic origin is not what moves these people, then what does?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
If hatred based on ethnic origin is not what moves these people, then what does?
Which people, Aryan Nation or the Minutemen volunteers? If the latter, surely you're just trolling.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:57 AM

And again.

Quote:
Pick and chose all you want. You'll find plenty of evidence to argue either side of this.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:58 AM

Well, I am less than happy with the tone Gilchrist had regarding the arayan nation in the first link, although that is a partial transcript so it is hard to tell one way or another how the converstation played out.

The 2nd link is an editorial so it doesn't count for much either way, IMO.

The 3rd link makes no mention of the arayan nation at all.

The 4th link states the minutemen's position on extremist groups.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Reggae

Quote:
Which people, Aryan Nation or the Minutemen volunteers? If the latter, surely you're just trolling.
Let me rephrase that. What is the difference between Aryan Nation and Minutemen?

I am not talking about the original Minutemen, of-course, but about the new border patrol ones.

No negativity, just cold discussion.

Except for that trolling remark: **** you!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 AM

I was hoping the difference between the two is that one is a homogenous group that is organized to hate particular races or groups of people in order to further their own adgenda, where as the other is a goup of citizens that is organizing in order to call attention to a problem they feel the federal goverment is ignoring.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Let me rephrase that. What is the difference between Aryan Nation and Minutemen?

I am not talking about the original Minutemen, of-course, but about the new border patrol ones.

No negativity, just cold discussion.

Except for that trolling remark: **** you!

Aryan Nation brotherhood is a miltant white-supremist and segregationist group. Read the minutemen web page yourself, see what they're all about, then answer your own question.

Such language You were called out on a legit troll, fess up.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Reggae

Would it be fair to say that the New Minuteman are motivated by hatred towards Mexicans? Or that would be an incorrect statement?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Would it be fair to say that the New Minuteman are motivated by hatred towards Mexicans? Or that would be an incorrect statement?
Depends on who you ask. Vicente Fox would certainly agree with your statement.