Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 04-12-2002, 07:43 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Super Evolution Axles for the D-30 With Ox Trax U-Joint

This information I know to be factual and true.

The Super Evolution Axles for the D-30 (27 Spline with 5-297 u-joint) will be available shortly.

30 Spline Axles with Custom Ox Locker will follow in the not too distant future.

The inner shafts are currently being manufactured to build up an intial stock, and then the outer shafts will be produced to build up an initial stock.

All shafts will be chromolly with two hardness treatments. True Hardening for the entire shaft, and then a secondary Induction Hardening for the surface area.

These shafts will be sold as a part of a total system which will include a new style U-joint which has been patented by OX Trax.

I do not know if the u-joint will be sold stand alone but I would think so.

These U-joint will not use Clips to retain the caps as there will be no caps, but rather large pins which are pressed in from the outside and retained by a single Allen Retainer Bolt in the center of the U-joint.

There will be no roller bearings, but rather replaceable bushings which are made of some unspecified aerospace material and fully greaseable. (I suspect Titanium, but I do not know this.)

The grease passages are designed FIFO, first in, first out so each joint can be fully flushed without disassembling the unit.

Each will come with a 5 year guarantee.

The pricing has not yet been set. But from what I understand the target to be, most folks are going to be pleasantly surprised. We will have to wait on that part.

There is no hard date as to when these will be available. As stated above, the inners are in production now, the outers will go into production soon.

Frank
Old 04-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Banned

Thanks Frank. I'll believe it when I see it I've been in touch with Superior/Foote for over six months (probably closer to nine) about these, and the "Super30" OX kit too. I was supposed to have a set sent to me sometime I think around September or October...well, they still aren't here

I think the "aerospace" material is 300M, unless they changed it. Anyway, thanks for the good news, but like I said, I'll believe it when I see it (and not just in a magazine ad!).

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 04-12-2002, 08:32 PM

Hi Ace,

I certainly can understand your position about believe it when you see it.

On the "Aerospace Material" I do know as fact it is Not 300M as used on the CTM U-joints, and is a material covered specifically within the Ox Patent.

Perhaps initially it was to be 300M, I don't know. I do know it is not 300M.

Hopefully all of us will be able to purchase these, if that is the way we want to go in a very short order.

Frank
Old 04-13-2002, 04:51 AM

Frank,

You are starting to sound like JDN.

It's only a 4 cylinder...wait up!
Old 04-13-2002, 04:26 PM

Hey Jim, how are you this fine day?

Do I sound a bit like JDN (John)? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

On this particular topic I know there are a lot of folks chomping at the bit trying to sift through wish list data, rumor, speculation and a deep desire to upgrade their Front D-30 axles.

I try to pass along factual information, when I have permission to do so, and that is the case here.

Besides, I get a thrill being able to make such a bold statement like "This information I know to be factual and true."

It's like betting one's own reputation!

After all, in as little as 30 minutes it can't be changed or edited and is there for all posterity to see and judge, "after the facts" for accuracy.

I hope some find the info useful. Once I get my hands on these axles and Ox-joints I will be sure to let everyone know what I think of them, with pictures!

(Got to have pictures!, Wouldn't be right without pictures!)

Frank
Old 04-13-2002, 04:59 PM

Frank,

I would say sounding like John is a bad thing. But relax, you really don't, I was just ribbin' ya a little bit. John seems to be on some sort of crusade to promote both "Spamsoil" and OX products. It's like he gets a commission or deep discounts...something. I believe you are well intentioned and thank you for your efforts and time in forwarding this information to us.

Have a good evening and enjoy the rest of this weekend.

It's only a 4 cylinder...wait up!