Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-24-2001, 05:39 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Russian Big Brother

I read about this show in the L.A. Times today and a quick search of the web showed this show's website. TO will probably get the most of it (it's in Russian) but it does have a link for streaming video. It proves what the paper says to be correct, that it is much racier than the American show Big Brother. It was actually an interesting article on modern Russian youth culture. The lines to watch these people from behind the one way mirror are longer than that to see Lenin's Tomb (which I saw and is quite long). The winner of the TV show gets to keep the apartment which is quite difficult for a Russian 20something to have on their own otherwise. Anyway, if you're bored have a look.

Jeff
Old 11-25-2001, 11:23 AM
Reggae

There are even web sites on the net, where you can find stills of the show participants having sex with each other. Apparently “Behind the Glass” (the name of the Russian show) unlike “Big Brother”, is going on for 24 hr a day, more like that “Truman Show” movie. The show is lame. I haven’t watched a second of it, but I don’t like the idea a single bit. The “Big Brother” is lame too. I hate all the new gimmicks and tricks that TV companies come up with to keep people in front of the TV-Sets; I think some of those new publicity stunts are psychologically dangerous and degrading.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 11-25-2001, 09:37 PM
Reggae

I just herd the news that the company that owns “Big Brother” is preparing to sue the Russian show. They say the Russians stole their idea.

I hope nobody sues me for wrapping potato in foil before putting it on the barbeque.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com