Go Back   JeepBBS > What Where When > Get Out and Wheel

Get Out and Wheel Head 'em up and move 'em out! We're getting ready for a trail ride! Find a trail ride for your local or not so local area here. You can also post information about upcoming runs and off-road events in this section

Old 05-22-2004, 10:30 AM
AA reject

Miller jeep trail tomorrow sunday 23rd

I am heading to miller for a shakedown run tomorrow to test the new auto. Going to run lockwood, yellow jacket and miller, then hit the play ground. So far it will be me and a built rubi. Meet at Flying J around 9:30. Ch.4.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:29 AM

Chris:
I cannot make it tomorrow, BUT.......I am moving to Saugus on July 1 and will only be 30 minutes or so from the Miller Jeep trail. I plan to hit it a lot once I get down there. I have only done it once and that was back in 98 but from what I recall it was fun.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
Old 05-23-2004, 06:18 PM
AA reject

Cool Sandy. You moving down here for work?
Old 05-23-2004, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris L
Cool Sandy. You moving down here for work?
Yep. I will be working with my brothers in their little auto paint supply shop near Dodger stadium. Right now you can fit everything I know about automotive paint in a mosquito's ass but they plan to teach me in short order. So, how was the run? Any pics?

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
Old 05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
AA reject

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy R
Yep. I will be working with my brothers in their little auto paint supply shop near Dodger stadium. Right now you can fit everything I know about automotive paint in a mosquito's ass but they plan to teach me in short order. So, how was the run? Any pics?
The run was uneventful, aside from some front axle breakage on a friends rubicon jeep. The trail has been very mild the last few times I have ran it. We went to the entrance for yellow jacket, the rubi got hung up a little on his rear control arm mount, gave it very little gas and we heard a loud "pop" from the front end, and he could not turn the wheel. Sounded like a broken axle. We pulled them both and saw no damage. Pass side axle u-joint looked as if the caps moved {shiney} and backed out a little bit. Still have not tracked down the problem. Give me a shout when you get settled. I live about 1/2 hour or so from sylmar, closer to LAX.