Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Thumbs up excellent Warn customer service!

Well, finally I've had the chance to go through a customer service department without having the hassle of the whole 'electronic voice choice system' and having to redial a couple of times before going down the right path I actually talked to a real person right away and she put me through to customer/technical service without a glitch, talking to another real human being

I called Warn customer service directly (in Oregon) since a 'local' Warn dealership couldn't help me out (they did give me the direct Warn number though) and the 4 square nuts that go into the winch on the bottom side to hold/bolt it onto the winchplate will be on their way shortly

So a big thumbs up for Warn for being so nice to send some square nuts FOC to TX

(Steve @ Warn actually mentioned it's a common thing for people to loose their square nuts )
Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 PM

You should be able to pick those up down at ACE Hw. They are quite common and a common size.

visit my forum: all rigs, expedition type travel in the SW and beyond, all are welcome, no cost just friendship...

www.savagesun4x4expeditions.com
Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Steve is the one whom I bought my old CJ from. Excellent dealing with him every time.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SavageSun4x4
You should be able to pick those up down at ACE Hw. They are quite common and a common size.
might be, but here in the middle of nowhere there's no Ace ...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:10 PM

i bought my 9.5ti from someone who won it in a raffle. they gave me no receipt so i had no way of proving when or where i had purchased it. about a year after i installed it i had one of the solenoids go bad under the cover. i placed a call to warn's 800 number and they connected me to the guy in electrical section. 10 minutes later he had me checking continuity through all the solenoids to make sure it was only one that was bad. he took down my address and said the new one would be there in about 5 days. he didn't request payment, didn't ask how old it was, nor ask what shape it was in. he just helped figure out the problem and then sent the new solenoid (along with extremely detailed directions that were highlighted all over by him and some random warn stickers too).

all in all one of the best customer service experiences i've had in my 4wd past!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM

BTW, your local Warn dealer sucks big time. Found the parts and part #'s you needed in 5 min by going to Warn's site.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:04 PM

My experience with them was over a pulley. Mine stopped turning, and when I took it apart, I found what looked like a piece of paper. I thought someone had tried to fix this in the past by making something work. I emailed customer service and Mike responded the next morning stating that the parts was being sent to the address on my email. I replied back to how much, and he said no charge. That is customer service. I bought mine second hand and have no idea when or where it was bought. Man that thing pulls.
HEEP