Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Reggae

TJ Larger Oil Filter

I did an oil change today. Instead of a regular size oil filter I installed a larger one. For no particular reason, other than when I fill the jeep with fresh oil to be right on the full mark, I still have a little less than half a bottle left from the 6-quarts with a regular-size filter; so I thought, with a larger filter I will just dump 6-quarts with no worry about overfilling (not that I was worried about dumping six quarts in there before). Got you confused yet?

Anyways, the filter I installed is Hastings LF115. Cross-references: AC ? PF2, NAPA ? 1515, FARM ? PH8A, WIX ? 51515, PURO ? L30001, Ford D9AZ-6731-A.

It fit just fine, however due to a much longer can it was touching the starter power wire loom. Not a biggie, I drilled a hole in the battery tray and zip tied the loom out of the way.

I?ll keep this thread posted on how the filter works out. I plan to run it for 5000 miles, as I regularly do with full synthetic oil (unless I see that the oil starts to look bad, then I change it sooner).