Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Lessons learned

I've been waiting for a report of our trail run and haven't seen anything special yet, so here goes.

Things I learned this past weekend.

If you brag about how capably you can follow bigger rigs, the rock gods will not smile at you in the slightest.

If the line looks like it will cause you to roll, it probably will.

If you feel yourself rolling and gas it, don't quit until you are absolutely certain that you are nearly level again. This is clearly a case where hesitation of any sort is not in your best interest.

If you have spare parts you carry in your rig, make absolutely certain they fit, will work, and you are capable of installing them.

If you leave the house with bent parts, go somewhere else to play.

Any fool that ever again tries to convince me that tubular is stronger than solid shall be doomed to an existence of only owning tubular tie-rods and drag links, preferably stock.

If you own a D-35 and attempt to bring it on a run, I will not play with you. I don't care if you had your rig air lifted in from the east coast and going on this run is your dying wish.

Anyone who posts a public run and does not specifically exclude D-35's from it will assume all responsibility for getting the D-35 equipped rig off of the trail so the rest of us can go eat.

If, in some horrible moment of weakness and stupidity I allow a D-35 on a run, I will assume all responsibility for getting it off of the trail so you all can go eat.

I build neat stuff. My portable modified ready to go welder in a box is probably one the the best things I have ever built. It performed flawlessly, the speed control in the handle is great, the penetration and ease of use are simply unsurpassed by any other trail welding method I have ever seen in use. I wouldn't trade two brandy new versions of anyone's underhood on board welder for it.

Flux core mig wire rocks. I was welding in a stiff breeze and the arc didn't even care.

You can fill 3/8's inch deep x 3/8's inch wide gaps with my neato welder and not even have to try very hard.

If you brag about how great you are and have 20 witnesses to the contrary, the onus is on you to post up the facts first.

The only reason Frank leaves Kentucky is to watch me weld wrenches to rigs.

The only reason Brad leaves Missouri is to keep his trail repair ticket punched.

I will not trade any of my friends for anything on the face of this planet, wife excluded of course.