Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > The Photo Circle

The Photo Circle Our brand spanking new forum to discuss and ask questions about anything related to photography. Also share you pictures and talk about creative works.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:30 PM

What I do now

Was talking to Joe a while back, some tough times. That next Monday I fell in line behind Joe. Luckly I recovered quickly and was back on my feet.

Used to make consumer products, yeah that was going down real quick. Getting into Medical manufacturing is tough but sometimes luck plays into the game. If you dont have experience in medical you cant get the door open.

Well not sure if the planets lined up or someone was looking over my shoulder but I slid into medical manufacturing. Yeah Matt, cant seem to get out of Mexico.

So what do I do now? Well a little of what I did before, Injection molding of plastics, new, extrusion of medical tubing .

What is it we make ? In Home Dialysis equipment. This is prob the toughest work I've done. Heres a pix of the assembly of Line 1. About 600 employees for 3 lines and the plastics area.

E,
Pix are going into a medical show.....

Need to wheel.....

Heres my WEB Here
Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM

It's nice to hear that things are working out good for you, Vern.

It has been tough lately since we had a big software shift. There wasn't going to be work for me/us for ~14 months & they didn't wanna pay us for sitting on our duffs that long. So they let ~60% of us go.

I'm not sure what they are going to do when things pick back up again since their current workforce will be spread too thin and they will not be able to meet customer needs. I suppose they might hire some recently retired folks like they did me.

I have had several decent job offers (related to Tomahawk) but they seem to all be on the east coast. My old company wants me to reconsider coming back with them later this year after the contract is renewed, but I'm not so sure I wanna go that route again with potential layoffs.

Anyway, I'm now running my own medical courier business from my home. I've been doing it for about a month now & things are going pretty well.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM

I tell you Joe, my last job was plain NG. Rude company complete disregard for the employees. Was only making enough to loose a little bit each month. Didnt last long either.

I hope I can blend in here. I need some shoes on my junk and do a little fixin on it. Hasnt been much fun lately.

Sure theres a lot of folks in the same shoes as us.

Heres my WEB Here