Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-07-2001, 07:40 PM

Home. Pre Fun in the Desert and Off Road Expo.

Sheesh. What a road trip. After a hell of weekend, starting wednesday, I'm back.

I towed humpty up to Yucca Valley Wednesday and met with Blaine, Kat, and Brad (Hellbender). We had a nice dinner, bull****ted for a while and got psyched for Sledgehammer. Thursday AM came none too soon and I awoke to a perfect fall day in the desert.

We hit the 247 to the lake were there and airing down by about 9am (I got the first stuck of the day in my F-250. Right on the dirt road)

We hit sledge by about 10 and had an uneventful start. But within 10 minutes of the trail, I was broken... damn BFGs tore a sidewall and I was now down to 4 with a LONG way to go. Blaine elegantly kicked ass all the way thru as I followed. Brad, who had never even SEEN a rock before, drove brilliantly in one of the harder trails in america. A true gentleman and downright good guy!

We had VERY little drama on trail. Aside from a couple of uh ohs, mostly which were mine from falling asleep at the wheel, we got thru pretty darn fast. I believe we were off trail about 3pm.

Damage report: 1 BFG. U-joints: Zero.
Seth

Humpty Dumpty Land: Formerly Tightey Whitey World
Old 10-07-2001, 07:59 PM

My Pics

Thanks Kat!!!

Rest here:
http://www.offroadmarketing.com/archive/Pics/sledge/

Old 10-08-2001, 08:23 PM

Is that a smile?

Seth,

It looks like you might actually be smiling in that pic. I had a really good time on Friday. I ran with a group of 5 vehicles mine being the only TJ in the bunch. I found humor in the fact that when we came to some difficult spots that all of the ladies got out and walked and I drove my Jeep. Our trail leader was Mike who actually built the Hammer Trails. I got to learn most of the history of the Hammer's. Did you know that only 3 guys build the trails?

A good time was had by all.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:31 PM

Kathyrn,
I believe it would've taken a sander to get the smile off of my face that day!