Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-23-2003, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
Looking for size of the nut for the brake part..

So since the nuts on the steel lines that connect the stock rubber hoses were started to round off, I whipped out the ol vise grips and gave it a crack. No pun intended. Whoa! Nut is turing. Turn it a few more times....opps. line broke. Same for other side

Already have one rubber hose off and my new bling bling stainless steel braides ones installed. That should go easy. Fit new lines in such n such connect it here and there, easy.

The part that is confusing me..... I broke the rear hard line too. (Don't ask) Removed the line from the proportioning valve thing and saw the "nut" is bigger than the standard size on the rest of them. What size is that? The nut was 1/2" while the other ones are 3/8". There is a big enough difference that I do NOT want to run a micky mouse set up and have it leak by running a smaller nut with teflon tape on it. Will have to check with Napa on monday to see if they have a big nut and a small nut on the same line so I can join the other steel line with a union, if that makes sense to you.

So pretty much my question is what size is the nut on the steel line from the rear axle that screws into the proportioning valve? I do this and get to go wheeling AGAIN in Wellsville this weekend!!