Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Baby Jeep Transformation ~ Day 2

Well I had to ride all over to grab misc. parts, bolts and nuts and need to get some more tomorrow. Weather seems to be a concern since it will be getting wet at some point really soon.

Anyway, here are some pics from today.

Front pretty much done, minus the shocks:

Starting on the rear:

Spring is in working on getting the stock arm out:

Getting the T-Case out:

Full weight of the Jeep on the new tires (sorry for crappy pic):

All the control arms are on the Jeep now, need to adjust the rears correctly, get the rear trackbar and its bracket on then the shocks all around. Once that is done, then the SYE, flat skid and new rear DS. I'm still debating on the Skid Row engine skid...

Lastly, that t-case was a PITA to clean. Engine degreaser, wire brush, putty knife and high pressure car wash still couldn't get it all off. Gotta love NJ/PA mud.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:09 PM

Ahhh, another day under you folks belt getting things in order.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Looking good.

Did the rear arms come off easier?

My Free Gear Ratio Calculator (In Metric Too)
Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Shockingly easier. I believe Eric chopped one bolt off only. I happened to be out on a parts run, or was it the lunch run.

What seems to be the troublemaker now is a bushing for the Rancho shock. I don't think I've heard Eric curse like that, ever.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Hey, now you're ready to run Highway to Hell with us next weekend.

Looks good!

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Did you pull the t-case for the SYE?

Blaine helped me do my XJ SYE in his driveway with the t-case still on.

I think you just like watching those poor guys sweat...
Old 02-10-2005, 06:39 AM

Re: Baby Jeep Transformation ~ Day 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
[Lastly, that t-case was a PITA to clean. Engine degreaser, wire brush, putty knife and high pressure car wash still couldn't get it all off. Gotta love NJ/PA mud.
Cup brush on an angle grinder works great.

zman
Old 02-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
Did you pull the t-case for the SYE?

Blaine helped me do my XJ SYE in his driveway with the t-case still on.
With the weather coming in (thought it would come in today but it seems like 1am Friday morning is when it will start) they wanted to have it off. They are working on the Jeep outside because Eric doesn't have the room in his garage for two Jeeps. Hopefully with the weather holding off today, everything will get done that is needed to get it road worthy. I gotta work tomorrow and riding the bike in the rain is not something I'm willing to do(though I have no issue calling out with this shift coming up ).

Quote:
I think you just like watching those poor guys sweat...
Nah... not the case at all. I'd like to get my hands dirty but the boys want to have all the fun.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:34 AM

You owe those guys alot of gratitude Jamie - that is a sh!tload of work they are doing on your rig.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:48 AM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
You owe those guys alot of gratitude Jamie - that is a sh!tload of work they are doing on your rig.
And transformation is very approptiate for a title.

Looking good.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Arizona Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Damn straight. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I can do to pay these guys back. Geno already has my old wheels/tires for his new to him YJ. I got Eric a gas tank skid in exchange for his parts I'm using but I want to do more.

More pics from today to come.