Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 02-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Jeep Transformation ~ Day 4

Well day 4 hit with a lot, A LOT of rain. Fortunately we were able to work inside.

Problems arose with the flat skid so we ditched it completely and went back to the stocker. I will get one, but it will have to be aftermarket, spending lots of $$$'s.

Anyway, the shocks, sway bar links and the rear trackbar and bracket made their way onto the Jeep. We had some major issues with the t-case shifter linkage. While it is working now is still needs a little fine tuning.

Here are some pics from today, too bad most look kind of bad (and I busted up my camera LCD screen by knocking it on the concrete floor ) but I did get a few good shots.

Eric working on the shocks, Geno in the shifter linkage:

Rear shock mounted can up to clear the spring perch:

Geno taking it for a test drive after the shifter linkage issues was mostly resolved:

Working on the rear trackbar relocate bracket and track bar:

Trimming a little extra from the bolt:

Finally drivable:

There are a few more things that have to be done, the rear driveshaft is on order from TBT, the brake lines have to be extended, an alignment done (it sucks driving with the wheel so out of wack in 4HI), installing the steering skid and steer stabilizer, chopping the fenders and wiring in the new LED's and any other misc. thing that might pop up (like the "Check Engine" light that has come on).

But at least I can drive it.

Check my "Check Engine" light post next if you can offer help.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?