Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 12-24-2003, 09:29 AM

Thumbs up Fellow Jeeper comes to the rescue!!

After having my Jeep in a shop near LA for the last couple weeks while I was away, I was anxious to get it back. The shop was doing some R&D for a new intake system they will be marketing next year. After a quick call to see if they were finished with it is when my troubles began.

I hooked my trailer to my truck & gave things a quick look over as usual prior to driving away. That's when I noticed that one of my axles was missing a Bearing Buddy. I pressed against the tire to check pressure & the entire wheel and axle shifted ~1.5" side to side.

I decided to toss the idea for the time being to use the trailer, then got on the horn to see if I could get somebody to drive with me from San Diego to LA during this busy time of year, so I could drive my Jeep home. I needed to get it prior to Christmas due to the business shutting down over the holidays.

To make this long story a little shorter, Sergey came to the rescue on VERY short notice!!

Luckily, he was just beginning to head out of San Diego when I got ahold of him. He was going to the LA airport & the shop I needed to go to wasn't too far out of the way. So he turned around to come pick me up for the track north to LA.

My hat is off to Sergey for being the great friend that he is! Now my Jeep is back home where it belongs.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:56 AM

That's what is nice about this place. People will tend to help if they can and they usually go out of their way. But they wont tell you that.
How did the project go? I offered my YJ but was told that because I had a body lift, so no go for me. They wanted that part to be stock.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:27 AM

Yep, Damon was insistant that there be no b/l installed. I believe it has something to do with support bracketry for the tube and the several ways they were trying to run the air plumbing (left, right, short, long, blah, blah, blah)

The project went fine & AEM cleaned my Jeep real well & filled the tank. I spoke to one of the guys in the shop & he mentioned they tried all sorts of tube configurations etc & the best they could gain on the dyno was ~6 HP's & ~6ft lbs torque for my 4.0. When it goes into production next year, I'll install one & see how I like it.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:39 PM

well, I get to pay it forward to sergey. got a call from the lakebed this afternoon for some tires. guess I am going to jv afterall