Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Reggae

Question DVD Burning Software

What is a good DVD burning program? I am mostly interested in backing up files, and burning DVDs with pictures.

I am thinking about buying this one:

Roxio Easy CD & DVD Media Creator 7 Suite
Old 02-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

That's a good question, Sergey. If I had a DVD burner, I would give you my answer.

Anyone got a spare DVD burner they don't need? I really want to give Sergey (aka., TroubleMaker) an answer.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
I like using Nero CD Burner software. You may look into that one too (I believe they have come out with DVD Burner software). The CD one is not bad at all.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Reggae

This one?

Nero 6 Ultra Edition
Old 02-11-2004, 07:00 PM

I don't know specifically about burning DVDs, but for cd-r and cd-rw, NERO is hands down better than the Roxio software.

I started out on Roxio but switched to Nero when I had to replace my cd-rw drive. Nero has a way simpler interface and is faster to use.

I recommend it, so long as the DVD software works the same (and I think it does since it is a selectable choice in my options, but I've just never used it due to not having a dvd-r drive).
Old 02-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Thanks! I ordered a copy of Nero.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:09 AM

I don't know if you read the amazon user reviews in that link but it appears some people are having problems installing out of the box without making sure to get the updates first.

Just wanted to make sure you saw that, so you don't have to deal with headaches.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:12 PM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
Thanks! I ordered a copy of Nero.
You won't regret it. Been using nero for years for CDs and the last year and a half for DVDs. Only coasters I make are my fault
Old 02-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Hey all with the CD versions of Nero.

I'm having issues with mine, even after reinstalling the software. I can't burn any CD's and it's ****ing me off. I've updated to version 5.5.10.45 but it seems it is now not recognizing my CD burner (generic, came with my computer ~ and it didn't have issues before).

Ok, just was able to burn a CD with the Express version, but the Burning Rom one doesn't recognize my burner.

Ideas???
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 02-27-2004, 01:21 PM
You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine!

Wind_Danzer-
Are you possibly using a Nero CD that you borrowed from someone who got it with their burner? If you are, it won't work. It will only work with the exact brand and model it was packaged with. At least that's how they used to do it.