Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
You can call me Ray

Send a message via ICQ to VancoPBS Send a message via AIM to VancoPBS
Hi from Vanco

Hi guys, Van from Vanco Power Brake Supply. Blaine pointed me this way. He's swift, take advantage of that guys brain.

I am currently using it though so don't overload him. We're fine tuning the hydroboost system I supply to make it perfect for the TJs.

Anyways, not much to say. If you have any questions about brakes of any type or problem feel free to post or pm. We rebuild boosters, master cylinder, proportioning valves, metering valves, wheel cylinders (and coming soon, calipers). So I know the brakes inside and out and enjoy solving problems. I'll try and keep an eye on the tech forumns and help where I can.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:01 AM

Van,
Welcome aboard and yes, most of us here will readily agree with you that Blaine is a wealth of information

In fact, my TJ is one of the hydroboost test bed Jeeps with it being the second install for Blaine. I'm running it off an adapter to the stock TJ master and powered by a Tommy Lee pump with a cooler. I'm also running a disk brake conversion off a Grand Cherokee in the rear.

As long as I stay on 35" tires, this braking system will serve me very well. I've had no real issues with the performance of it other than having some quality issues on remanufactured pumps leaking at the case split. I went through 2 of those before I broke down and sprung for a new GM booster unit. Don't know if this is typical or not to hydroboosters and even though its been a bit of hassle, I wouldn't trade the unit out of my rig back to the stock vacuum booster.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
You can call me Ray

Send a message via ICQ to VancoPBS Send a message via AIM to VancoPBS
Yes, once you go hydroboost there's no going back.

As far as the problem with the Hydroboosts leaking, that's just a rebuilding problem. You see boosters are vacuum and that's what rebuilders are used to rebuilding. The hydroboost is too foreign for them to grasp the intricacies of the unit. They're a simple unit to rebuild assuming you know how they work. We do, we've sold hundreds of these systems and have yet to have a return (due to a hydroboost problem).

The power steering pumps are a problem (for the TJs and YJs). We?re nailing that down pretty successfully and should have an answer very soon. I don?t want the solution to be a $500.00+ pump. I?ll be keeping you guys informed (Blaine is watching me like a hawk).

If you run into another Hydroboost leaking or not working give me a call, I?ll set you up with a system that?ll work.

PS. A little advice to you guys currently running a hydroboost. Depress the pedal 3-4 times without the car running. Now look at where the pedal rod is attached to the booster. If the booster has a boot, pull it back. Start the car while staring at the connection point. It should NOT move. If it does rip it off and get another, that booster is bad. They never test for this. It may just move a hair now but eventually it?ll apply the brakes on thier on. That?s the biggest problem with rebuilt hydroboost, not the leaks.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Welcome Van! I look forward to having a rebuilder help with the stuff that I have to deductively guess at. Careful what you offer, we will take you up on it.

Nothing would make me happier than to have a kit on the market that is dialed in for the TJ. Plug and play, doesn't get any better than that.

I've worked with Paul from hydroboost.com and he's where I get a lot of my info from. He frequents here on occasion and was interested in a kit until he saw the master cylinder on the TJ.