Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Reggae

Scott Hill

With great sadness I learned today that our friend Scott Hill has passed away. His heart stopped in the morning of July 2, 2013.

Scott was the original creator of the early www.real-jeeps.com and www.pvmtsux.com web sites. He was a member of the core group here, at JeepBBS, from the very beginning.

Scott?s manner of talk was always a hoot around campfire. He was a very open person, eager to help, somebody you wanted to be around of.

I will always remember Scott.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 07-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Reggae

Scott Hill
Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM

Truly sad news.

I didn't know Scott as well as some others. I recall wheeling with him at Los Coyotes Indian Reservation a few times, and around the campsite in JV.

He could really cuss up a storm, which caused me to laugh and we'd poke fun at his selection of flavorful words.

RIP Scott.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 AM

I was very sad when I received the news that Scott has passed away.

I always just figured he would just keep soldering on despite his health issues, Scott, being Scott, as he had been doing so far.

I talked to his wife Kirsty yesterday. She said anyone who wanted to call is welcome to and that there are not set plans for a memorial service yet. She said that it will likely happen in the next couple of weeks and that it will be taking place somewhere in Joshua Tree.

Rest in Peace Scott Hill, you will be missed.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 PM

Just heard the news about Scott. He was the one that got me wheeling my Jeep back in 2000. It was very helpfull that he lived a few miles from me. A colorfull character he was and I always thought I had a foul mouth. He gave me the nickname "Stepchild" because I drove a YJ. He always reminded me that at least it wasn't a red YJ so that's why he would wheel with me.
I only saw him a few times after he and his family moved up the hill. To think that I was just thinking about him the other day when I was up in Big Bear just wondering how life was treating him.
I never feared wheeling with Scott as I knew he could get us out of a situation and get us home.

RIP Scott.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:16 PM

Though I hadn't seen Scott in probably ten years, I remember him as a really fun nice guy who was a good dad for his kids. We wheeled a bunch together & he even generously put me up one night in his tent trailer with him & his kids where he fixed dinner & breakfast for everyone.

He kind of disappeared once he moved up to Running Springs & I kept hoping I'd run into him during my regular visits up there but I just didn't know how to get in touch with him. What a shame, I would have liked to have had another beer with him. One thing for sure, Scott was way too young to have passed on.

A fun trait of Scott's... he had a true sailor's mouth & vocabulary & was an expert at using it to get everyone laughing... he was a fun guy to be around but he could sure turn an old lady's ears red lol.

RIP Scott, you will be missed.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM

Wow. Scott was too young for this to happen. I can still see and hear him in my mind as if he were here today even though its been a long time since I've seen him. He was one of those people that really sticks with you. Very sad to hear.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Dang Art, good to see you're still around... it has been a long time since I've seen you on the forums. Are you still wheeling Jeeps?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM

It's good to talk to you Jerry, it has been a long time. I still get out occasionally to wheel but not like the old days, I'm headed for the Dusy this coming weekend but in general I get out maybe 3-4 times a year if I'm lucky. How about you?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM

About the same Art, maybe 6-8 times a year but on somewhwat easier trails now. It got too expensive breaking drivetrain stuff, my wife made her displeasure known at my Jeep breakage bills ha. It'd be good to run into you on the trail some day, I still have that good pic of you with Robert and John (Johnegp) from Vegas on Doran in Calico.

Enjoy the Dusy, don't get snowed in. What is there, like a 4 week window when there's not much chance of having snow dumped on you?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:24 PM

We missed the snow window this year, we were covered in it Saturday night. It made the trip out on Sunday a bit more challenging but a lot of very scenic fun. I remember that Calico trip, good times.