Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 11-25-2003, 07:24 PM

Winter sucks, but you can have fun too...

http://www.calgaryjeep.com/modules.p...bum.php&page=1
Old 11-25-2003, 07:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to LeadFoot
I hate snow. At least it melts away when hot. Mud just stays there and bakes then smells like rotten eggs.

You hardly get any traction, so your braking abilitys suck. Sometimes you can get stuck going up the slightest hill, and just slide side to side.

The only cool thing about winter is ice on driveways. I drove into my friends driveway (this was last year) doing about 15. It's about 100' long. At around 80' I turned all the way to the left and punched the gas, and did a perfect 180 facing towards the road. It was the coolest (no pun intended) thing that happend that winter.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:38 AM

Actually snow is fun. I just hate the road salt and grime. Otherwise I'd be fine with winter. Still, I think I could live with snow for 2 weeks around Christmas and then Phoenix or Oklahoma style weather the rest of the year.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
I love it.. When Ive got a rig that goes just about anywhere I point it during out snow storms, I can't complain. Of course, my jeep is down this winter, so I doubt my Front wheel drive honda will be able to make it through a foot of snow, uphill...
Scott
Old 11-30-2003, 12:41 PM

I actually love it too, but like I said, the salt and grime churns my stomach. That takes away from the nejoyment greatly. I guess I'm naive and I just like my stuff to last forever, yet nothing lasts forever no matter what, even without rust eating it.

Also, given that we have low traction most of the year , we kind of really enjoy dry conditions where the Jeep seems unstoppable compared to our snow and mud runs. Plus I'd love to be able to run without the windows most of the time.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

How did those tires work in the snow Milan? What are your impressions of the Krawlers so far?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Quote:
Originally posted by Milan
I actually love it too, but like I said, the salt and grime churns my stomach. That takes away from the nejoyment greatly. I guess I'm naive and I just like my stuff to last forever, yet nothing lasts forever no matter what, even without rust eating it.

Also, given that we have low traction most of the year , we kind of really enjoy dry conditions where the Jeep seems unstoppable compared to our snow and mud runs. Plus I'd love to be able to run without the windows most of the time.
Thats the one difference between the snow out here, and the snow out that way.. they don't do the salt on the roads here.. Here they just do asphalt cinders, which can screw with your paint, but thats not a big deal compared to rust..
Scott