Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 05-28-2003, 08:18 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Random Acts of OBA Kindness

Random Acts of OBA Kindness

I am certain more then an handful of us have used our On Board Air systems to air up a total stranger with a flat.

Here's a true story from one of my Random Acts of (OBA) Kindness.

Back in February while at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base I came across a Chevy Suburban parked on the shoulder of the road very near to the parking lot I needed to park in.

The driver's side front tire was flat.

I simply pulled in front of it, pulled out the air hose and aired it up. It seamed to hold the air well too.

I parked, when inside to conduct my business and returned to my Jeep. On the way to the Jeep I passed the Suburban and found an Air Force Col. telling a Sgt. from the Motor Pool "I swear that tire was flat!"

The Sgt. said "Yes Sir, but it isn't flat now. What would you like me to do with it!"

I didn't say a word, but got in my Jeep laughing my you know what off and drove off!

Random acts of OBA Kindness are all worth it for the one time you get to see a reaction like this!

Priceless!

Can you imagine the reactions of some of these other folks!

If you have any please feel free to post them here.

Have a great night,

Frank
Old 05-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

He he he. That's funny.

At my previous work we ran a prank on the guy who just bought a new car. We were adding gas to it every once in a while. And the poor fellow would just go on and on about how good the mileage his new Volkswagen gets.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
He he he. That's funny.

At my previous work we ran a prank on the guy who just bought a new car. We were adding gas to it every once in a while. And the poor fellow would just go on and on about how good the mileage his new Volkswagen gets.

Sergey,

Why don't you come pull that prank on me!

Frank,

I stopped at 7-Eleven for coffee one day on the way to work and when I came out there was a lady with a flat tire. I offered to fill her tire and then realized that I left the air hose at home. I told her I'd be right back and fill up her tire. Boy was she amazed when I hooked up the hose to the front of my Jeep and aired it up in about 20 seconds. A few minutes later her husband showed up to help only to find out it had been taken care of.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
He he he. That's funny.

There was a Gomer Pile episode where they did this to the Sarge's new car...
Old 05-29-2003, 08:22 AM

The grumpy old gas/oil service truck operator came into our electric station grinning like hell. On his way out there he saw a guy walking towards town with a gas can. He soon came to the guys compact car so he stopped and filled it up to the brim.
I would imagine that guy is still trying to figure that one out!