Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Jeep Aftermarket Companies
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Aftermarket Companies If you have a jeep related business you can let JeepBBS visitors know about it here. Also this is the section where you can post information about 4 wheel drive shops and companies that sell automotive and jeeping related products

Old 03-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Administrator

ACF

Any of you TJ owners looking for a perfect fit everytime, bulletproof gas tank skid, should give Travis at ACF a call. 970-245-5686

I have run two of these, my wife runs one and they are everything you could want in a gas tank skid.

I designed the first raised one and Travis built it for me about 2 years ago. I hammered it incessantly and only managed to scrape the finish off of it. It works with a body lift and replaces the factory skid perfectly. I am particularly fond of the radius corners on it as they conform to the tank perfectly. There is even a duplicate of the big indentation where the fuel pump sump sits. No worries about flattening out the bottom of your plastic tank and dislodging the pump somehow.

This is a no compromise skid. Travis make two versions. One to replace the stock skid with no body lift and a raised one to work in conjunction with a body lift.

All of them come powdercoated in a semi-gloss black.

It is impossible to ascertain the value of something until you have paid for it a few times.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:39 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Blaine and good evening.

Your timing on posting this info on the ACF gas tank skid plate is perfect for me. I was about ready to pick up the phone and call someone else for a high clearance skid for my 97 TJ.

As you know I am not lifted any where near as tall as you guys are. So I try to get all the clearance by lifting what I can higher.

I curently have a Tomkin, which takes a beating, but i would like some more clearance under there.

I'll give Travis a call in the A.M. and see what he can do for me with a 1 inch body lift.

Once again, thanks for sharing you knowledge.

Frank
Old 03-11-2002, 06:53 AM
Administrator

No problem Frank.

This is one of the few things my very picky friend Garry, has ever been impressed with.

The reason I have two, is Travis wanted his prototype back.

I originally cut and raised the factory skid a couple of years ago. I then saw an article in a magazine about a skid that replaced the factory one and gave him a call.

We spent some time chatting, discussing how to do it, and a few other things. He custom built the first raised on to my specs and later offered it as a product. My first, even though a little rough around the edges, is still useable. The one I replaced it with is very refined from the first one.

Travis is pretty creative, he made the die set for dimpling the pump sump. That's a big die set.

It is impossible to ascertain the value of something until you have paid for it a few times.