Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-14-2003, 12:47 PM

Good airbox question was on JU... Blaine?

Quote:
-=- originally posted by The Mucker -=-
For those who move the stock air-box to a new location (to make room for a York), have you had any problems getting smog certification?
Good question, I never thought about that issue which could be a problem here in California due to our visual inspection program.

Hmmm.... anyone pass their California visual smog inspection after having moved their air box to a different location? Blaine?
Old 07-14-2003, 01:02 PM

Blaine has a 99 so I don't think he has had the joy of visitng his local smog nazi with it yet.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:58 PM

Re: Good airbox question was on JU... Blaine?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
Good question, I never thought about that issue which could be a problem here in California due to our visual inspection program.

Hmmm.... anyone pass their California visual smog inspection after having moved their air box to a different location? Blaine?
I passed mine with the Turbo City Super Lamer Air Tube 3000 on.

Not sure if that helps you, but I just pointed at the little silver CARB sticker TC gives you when they started to hassle me, and that actually seemed to quiet them down.

My guess is unless you went to a smog check place with a guy in a bad mood, they'd just look under your hood and if they saw something that looked like a stock airbox anywhere underneath it, you'd probably be fine.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:04 PM

From what I have read about Ca smog laws on the Mini Cooper BBS, as long as you have the CARB sticker, they can't bother you.

Here in AZ, they didn't even open my hood. They just pulled the codes and took my check.

Chris
Old 07-14-2003, 03:20 PM

airbox

look here if you want a stock airbox.

http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...&threadid=4555