Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Buy/Sell Jeep Stuff Anything legal you want to purchase or get rid off, let fellow jeepers know about it here

Old 07-04-2002, 10:25 PM

Exclamation 4:1 tcase, SYE, tom woods shaft, bumpers, gas skid, OBA, Intake

The purchase of a house is forcing me to sell the 97 Jeep TJ so I am trying to recover as much of the money in mods as I can. Buy practically new upgrades for much less than new:

- I'm looking to swap my 4:1 transfer case with wide chain kit, Advance Adapters slip yoke eliminator (relocator), and Tom Woods CV drive shaft for your stock set up plus $800 obo. My TJ has the AX-15 and a 4" lift. All of these upgrades only have approx. 5 to 6000 miles on them and they have only been used off road twice. However, there is a noticeable noise from the tcase at speeds less than 15 mph. I've been told anything from "it is normal" to "it just needs to be broken in" (it has quieted since the install) to "it's due to the straight(er) cut gears." Otherwise, everything works flawlessly. It is difficult to hear while listening to the radio at a reasonable/sane/normal volume. In order to make it as painless as possible for both parties, I'm only entertaining offers in the SoCal area so the swap can be done in a morning or afternoon.

- ACF TJ 1" raised gas skid plate, new in box - $175

- complete on board air setup includes Kilby's KE-1000 (91-98 YJ&TJ w/ AC), York Compressor, intake filter, coalescing filter, check valve, pressure switch, safety (pop) valve, pressure gauge, fittings, and 10' goodyear hose. All for $200.

- bullet-proof type bumpers custom made front and rear set plumbed for compressed air tanks. These were just painted (semigloss black) and had an anti-skid strip added to top of rear bumper this morning. Design of integrated 2" receiver may require slight mod to rear cross member or I can modify it to fix this if you don't want the use of the receiver. Both for $400 .

- Turbo City intake and K&N filter with only 3000 miles of use. $45

All of the above prices do not include the cost of shipping that you must cover if you do not want to pick up in San Diego.

I'm advertising these items on this forum exclusively for the weekend before I put it on "that other site." Email me if you want pics of anything specific or if you have any questions.
Matt
Old 07-05-2002, 08:22 AM

I'll send you the money for the air system and K&N set up. You can leave it with Garry or Blaine. I'll check on the transfer case and get back to you.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 07-07-2002, 08:40 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

I'm not sure which "air system" Ron is referring to...the OBA or the Turbo City air intake....Ron?

I am interested in the OBA unless that is what Ron was commenting on.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
I'm not sure which "air system" Ron is referring to...the OBA or the Turbo City air intake....Ron?

I am interested in the OBA unless that is what Ron was commenting on.
Thanks for the interest Stu, but they are both sold. Everything is officially sold with the exception of the bumpers. That is not a big suprise, so they will go on JU.

I also wanted to thank William, Blaine, Ron, Robert, Kat, and Tom for helping me out with everything today!

Matt
Old 07-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Matt, you get two welcomes for the price of one. You are welcome for the help and you are welcome to drop by anytime. It was a very good day. I even impressed myself and anyone that knows me, knows that is hard to do.

Who woulda thought that you could take a chunk of pipe and hammer an output seal back into a functioning chunk of metal and rubber?
Old 07-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Bummers....
Old 07-08-2002, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu Olson
Bummers....
Stu, Bummers for you but Hoorays for me!

I am now the proud owner of a 4to1 and an OBA system. I will be able to air up the "Have Nots" tires, as those "Haves" so willingly aired mine up!

We found out the hard way that returning a transfer case to stock form requires "dealer supplied" output shaft seals. The seals we bought did not fit. This is a problem on Sunday. We managed to extract one from a spare case and mrblaine managed to "reform" a mangled one with a piece of "perfect" pipe he had laying around. The day was saved.

My list of debts to Blaine and Kathryn has grown far too large. I doubt I'll ever be able to repay such giving folks!

Oh yeah Stu, I had printed your 4to1 write up a long time ago and happened to bring it along. One of your pictures came in mighty handy when we forgot which way the last piece went into the shifter fork. Working from a basket case is always a challenge!

Thanks a bunch to all that helped Matt and I in our swap. William, Robert, Blaine and Kathryn!

Ron
Old 07-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Ron,

Glad to hear it went well.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by TJRON
My list of debts to Blaine and Kathryn has grown far too large. I doubt I'll ever be able to repay such giving folks!
Ron
That lunch you bought for us was really tasty! We really appreciated it.