Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Political Arm Pit and Fool Shed Enter at your own risk. This is the land of political discussions, jokes, and nonsense posts.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Reggae

4GB MP3 Player

I'll be honest with you. The only reason I bought the MP3 player is to crack it open, and extract the 4GB microdrive from it. I was going to use the microdrive in my new digital camera.

Why did I buy the MP3 player instead of buying just the microdrive, you ask? Simple. The Creative Nomad MuVo Squared 4 GB player costs under $200. The microdrive alone is over $400.

HITACHI 4GB MicroDrive
NOMAD MuVo2 4GB Player

Well, I haven't bought the new digital camera yet, and my old one does not support microdrives that large.

I was considering the Nikon D70 for my new digital camera, but it looks like it may be not right for me. So I held the purchase, and I have this MP3 player to use for now.

I got one idea how I could use it. Rip a bunch of the CDs I have at home, and put the music into the player. That way I could listen to any song I want, without having to lug my CD collection around. And since I've never lugged my collection around, it could really be something new.

Hmm. What a concept.

Does anybody do anything similar, and what software do you use to load music from CDs to the MP3 player?