Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABQ TJ
In!

Dang, finally got myself back over here.

Here's a "Hey Everybody" from New Mexico!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:32 PM

And you are visiting us because?

http://www.nmvjc.org/Forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=716

Are you a Fleg puppy?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:34 PM

Are you my friend or adversary because you have judged me for yourself? Or my adversary because you let someone else make your judgments for you?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:37 PM

And I'm visiting here because I actually forgot I signed up here back in march and lost the url and forgot about it. BUT, mrblaine banning someone from OUR board brought it to my attention that I haven't been here in forever.

Now, if you'd like to research ALL of my posts on www.nmvjc.org or JU or Q-Tec or Jeeps4me or wherever....be my guest.

Otherwise....I can stay and participate as I see fit and contribute like I have on other boards....or I can go away. Either way no big deal.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ABQ TJ
And I'm visiting here because I actually forgot I signed up here back in march and lost the url and forgot about it. BUT, mrblaine banning someone from OUR board brought it to my attention that I haven't been here in forever.

Now, if you'd like to research ALL of my posts on www.nmvjc.org or JU or Q-Tec or Jeeps4me or wherever....be my guest.

Otherwise....I can stay and participate as I see fit and contribute like I have on other boards....or I can go away. Either way no big deal.
How's Rio Grande jeweler's supply doing these days?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:53 PM

Can't say as I've been there before. But the town sure is getting bigger. Probably about doubled in size since I moved here in '96 from Houston. Still small to me, though.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Re: In!

Quote:
Dang, finally got myself back over here.

Here's a "Hey Everybody" from New Mexico!
I grew up in the Land of Enchantment. Spent the better part of 25 years there. Too bad it's so hard to make a decent living with all the beautiful country that's there.

One of my favorite times in my life is the 2 years of middle school age I spent above Ruidoso on a 2 section cattle ranch just east of Alto on the way to Capitan. 5 mile walk home everyday from the bus stop and we loved every minute of it.

Absolutely gorgeous country at the base of Sierra Blanca, now known as Ski Apache.

I always found it interesting that you could take skiing classes in lieu of PE for credit and the school took you back and forth during school hours. Sorta like beach sports out here.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:09 PM

I take it the answer to my question is "no"

Quote:
I was just asking the question? I've learned more about "puppies" and "being owned" today than a person ought to know.

Excuse my manners, Welcome ABQ TJ I visited Las Cruces for the ARCA Rock Crawling event. We found the most faboulous place to have dinner; I just love the green chilies! I envy you, living where they have some of the best food in the world.

Kat
Old 09-07-2003, 08:55 AM

Talking Welcome, Steve!

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I grew up in the Land of Enchantment. Spent the better part of 25 years there. Too bad it's so hard to make a decent living with all the beautiful country that's there.
It is easier that you think! I fled SoCal beacuse I knew I never would be able to afford to own my home and be able to enjoy traveling as much as I do. I showed up in New Mexico in October, 2002 with $300 bucks left in the bank. I found a job doing the same thing as I did in Los Angeles for almost the same income. I saved up enough in the ensuing six months to come up with enough to qualify for a mortgage. In 15 years, my 4 bedroom house w/ it's 2 car garage will be paid for. I am gloating to prove a point- most of the people I know who live in SoCal want to leave but think that they will give up some of the quality of life that they are accustomed to. I have found it to be exactly the opposite. You will sacrifice more quality of life to stay there... but who am I to talk!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Re: Welcome, Steve!

Quote:
Originally posted by Handlebars
It is easier that you think! I fled SoCal beacuse I knew I never would be able to afford to own my home and be able to enjoy traveling as much as I do. I showed up in New Mexico in October, 2002 with $300 bucks left in the bank. I found a job doing the same thing as I did in Los Angeles for almost the same income. I saved up enough in the ensuing six months to come up with enough to qualify for a mortgage. In 15 years, my 4 bedroom house w/ it's 2 car garage will be paid for. I am gloating to prove a point- most of the people I know who live in SoCal want to leave but think that they will give up some of the quality of life that they are accustomed to. I have found it to be exactly the opposite. You will sacrifice more quality of life to stay there... but who am I to talk!
Fine Alex, sign me up. Take a quick perusal through the want ads for me and see how many job listings there are for ambulance builders.

I also forgot to mention that I wouldn't live in Albuquerque. If I'm gonna move out of the city, I'm gonna move out of the city.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:50 AM

Re: Re: Welcome, Steve!

Quote:
Fine Alex, sign me up. Take a quick perusal through the want ads for me and see how many job listings there are for ambulance builders.
www.helpwantednewmexico.com

Nothing in there for ambulance builders, but I'm sure your skills easily transfer to other industries. What does your resume look like? Or better yet, why not start your own business? All of the ambulances out here are 4wd.

Quote:
I also forgot to mention that I wouldn't live in Albuquerque. If I'm gonna move out of the city, I'm gonna move out of the city.
Yeah, I hear you. It really sucks getting woken up at the crack of dawn every day by low flying hot air balloons!

I had to move clear across town to the foothills of the Sandias to escape that cr@p! My current 13 mile, 15 minute commute is about all I can handle but there are many rural communities within a 30 minute commute of town.

There are lots of options outside of Albuquerque. Your welding and fabrication skills could probably find a home at Los Alamos National Laboratories. There are large gas field and a power plant near Farmington. Geez, what would you do if you had to live in Farmington, New Mexico?
Old 09-07-2003, 02:19 PM
I used to be nice, now I'm just butthurt

Send a message via AIM to blkTJ Send a message via Yahoo to blkTJ
Any openings for audio engineers??? damn it, I knew this was gonna be a dead end job.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:35 PM

Brian- you can have your choice of any of my 3 spare bedrooms if you want to come out and try your prospects. I'm pretty sure your TJ will fit in the garage, too.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm pretty sure your TJ will fit in the garage, too.
Why, do you to duck to get in under the door?
Old 09-07-2003, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Brian- you can have your choice of any of my 3 spare bedrooms if you want to come out and try your prospects. I'm pretty sure your TJ will fit in the garage, too.
Thank you Alex for the gratious offer. Things are going well here at the moment, I think I'm gonna stick it out for a while longer. You never know what the future holds though...
Old 09-07-2003, 06:42 PM

Quote:

That's just plain mean.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No Blaine, my head isn't that big... yet!

My Cherokee is a tight squeeze, I'm not sure if Brian's TJ is any taller.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by blkTJ
That's just plain mean.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:32 AM

Re: Re: In!

Quote:
I 5 mile walk home everyday from the bus stop and we loved every minute of it.

...uphill both ways, in a snowstorm and wearing your father's pj's...blah blah blah...

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 09-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: In!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cutch
...uphill both ways, in a snowstorm and wearing your father's pj's...blah blah blah...
No we lived in a valley and you could walk along the roads and it was mostly downhill to the ranchhouse.

Since we only had one vehicle which my pop used for work, we did have to walk home in a few snowstorms.

When we were feeling adventurous, we would cut cross country through the woods and see how close to the homestead we could get and surprisingly, never got lost or missed by that far.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:49 PM

Quote:
No Blaine, my head isn't that big... yet!

My Cherokee is a tight squeeze, I'm not sure if Brian's TJ is any taller.
Alex - you just wait until you have to work on that with all that crappy red mud on your rig!!!

When I removed my gas tank skid this weekend a small mountain of that dried red crap came out.

Jeff
Old 09-12-2003, 10:21 PM

Hi Steve! Welcome.
It was fun wheelin' with you in Moab.
That's a fun crowd you run with.
Ron
Old 09-13-2003, 06:36 AM

Hey Ron, Had a blast in Moab again.

It was nice to meet you and wheel with you, too. Wish I could have joined you guys on some of the tougher stuff, but with Diane there, it wasn't happening. Can you believe her VERY FIRST wheeling adventure of any kind was MOAB?!?! Used up some of my patience at first, but she ended up LOVING it.

You'll have to see the vid clip of me going down that last big ledge we all climbed up when leaving Gold Bar Rim. Brandon got it on tape somewhere, but Diane's SCREAMING at the top of her lungs...it was awesome! You could hear the whole group in the background crack up!
Old 09-14-2003, 05:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: In!

Quote:
No we lived in a valley .

Yeah...and it was the Valley of Death and you feared no evil...blah blah blah

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ