Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-18-2003, 09:35 PM

Where to get CHASSIS TABS for LA's and AXLES?

Hey guys: I am picking up tabs for my control arm mounts and other various mounts for my long arms. I have been sourcing them from AA Manufacturing. They do not carry the rear lower control arm tabs that I need for my 8.8. I need a tab with a 3.25 mount radius with a 9/16 hole. They use 1/2 on most of their tabs. I will drill the 16 that I ordered from them for the other mounts to 9/16. I would use the same tabs for the axle but by the time I were to radius them there wouldn't be enough room for the joint. I am in contact with Poison Spider Customs (formally Avalanche engr.) All there heavy duty tabs are the correct radius, just would need a little grinding but the holes they use are 5/8. I don't want to order an undrilled tab and drill them myself, might have to but that is alot of drilling. Any suggestions on where to find a tab at a reasonable price like I can find from Poison Spider or AA mfg?

Chad

I am thinking I should call Currie.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Administrator

I am pretty sure that Currie has them. I am not sure if you can get them from the salesman.

If you get to much grief and need someone to run some interference for you, let me know. I may be able to help.

Don't get in a big hurry though. Sometimes it takes a week or so before I get up there.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I am pretty sure that Currie has them. I am not sure if you can get them from the salesman.

If you get to much grief and need someone to run some interference for you, let me know. I may be able to help.

Don't get in a big hurry though. Sometimes it takes a week or so before I get up there.

Thanks for the offer there Blaine. Do you have a name I may contact, that would get me a bit more effort or better results? I remember Chris mentioning they gave an assortment of tabs when you guys put in his 9 inch. I am going to need them by march 14th.......

Chad
Old 02-19-2003, 05:49 AM

Try These Guys

I've sourced tabs from these guys, for years:

www.autofab.com

Telephone
619-562-1740

FAX
619-562-6151

Postal address
10996 NORTH WOODSIDE AVE.SANTEE,CA. 92071

Electronic mail (E-mail)
General Information: john@autofab.com

I believe that he will cuctom build any shape/thickness that you want, too. Call John, he's a heck of a nice guy.

HTH,
ChrisO
Old 02-19-2003, 07:30 AM

You might also want to try

www.spidertrax.com

they specialize in custom samurai stuff, but they also have alot of fabrication parts
Old 02-19-2003, 11:22 AM

Thanks Chris, it helps to order tabs for a ford housing from a fab shop that specializes in Ford trucks.

Chad