Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-24-2002, 07:00 PM

White Rim Road...

...in Canyonlands National Park. Has anybody ever done it? Tell me about it, or any other looong, scenic 4x4 trails in the Moab/Canyonlands area. I'm going to Moab the week of April 14~20 and am looking for remote, mellow trails to run. I mailed off the reservation request today, I've got my fingers crossed!

97 2-door 5-speed XJ
"Yes, tow hooks are required!
Trail Crew SoCal 4x4 Club
Old 02-25-2002, 04:09 PM

So this is not a 4x4 trail or in Canyonlands; try Monument Valley, Az. about 130 miles SW of Moab. Scenery is wonderful. They have a 13 mile loop of a gravel road that has all the pull-outs to photo the natural beauty. It is on the Navajo reservation. You can contract a Navajo guide to take you "outback" but they will have to ride with you. Rates vary and bartering works well; don't even think of paying thier starting price!
If my memory is correct, we went out for about 7 hours and cost was $60. For a reference, try using Linda Jackson; she lives in the Monument property and is excellent.