Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > BBS Suggestions and Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

BBS Suggestions and Support Communicate back to JeepBBS stuff, let us know how we can improve this site. In this section you can also read important announcements from board admin

Old 08-05-2002, 05:47 AM

Send a message via ICQ to emdub Send a message via AIM to emdub Send a message via Yahoo to emdub
Adding pics

How do I add pics to my post? I tried linking to the pics on my HD but didn't work... do the pics have to be on the net? Do the links have to be a URL?

And the lord said to me "You are taking a bad path", and I answered "Don't worry, I've got a Jeep".
Old 08-05-2002, 09:44 AM
Reggae

The best way to post pictures is to get your own web page. You would use FTP or some other method to upload pictures to a folder on your web page, and then link them to show in your jeepbbs messages like this:

http://www.myfriendlyhost.com/emdub/.../mypicture.jpg

Here is a good place to look for a web page host:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=4
Old 08-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Reggae

You can also use the ?Attach file? option when you post new messages to attach a small picture to your post. This method is not recommended, and we will probably get rid of that functionality soon.

Or you can e-mail a picture or two to me, and I?ll post them on the web for you.

My e-mail: tobject@pronografics.com
Old 08-05-2002, 12:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to emdub Send a message via AIM to emdub Send a message via Yahoo to emdub
Ah.. ok. I was trying the attach file and it wasn't working. I have a web site, so I guess when I want to show a picture I'll link to it...

cool... thanks!

http://homepage.mac.com/emdub/

And the lord said to me "You are taking a bad path", and I answered "Don't worry, I've got a Jeep".