Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-07-2001, 08:56 AM

pimp takes on big bear

well the little lady and myself spent a few days in big bear and with are trail book in hand we were off to gold mtn
every thing was going well as we climbed this mtn until the hevy downpour and thunder storm hit and did i mention the poorly done trail book
well as i came across a split in direction near the topp and one sign said 3n69a well in my book there was no listing for 3n69a and only 3n69 and i will add that who ever adopted this trail is doing a poor job of taken care of it
i dont see that it can be to hard to clearly mark the trail so you know were the hell you are
so i just kept going and did not follow 3n69a because it was not listed in the trail book and now with the growing problem with flash floods i did not have a lot of time to think about it
as it turned out i ended up on 3n69a any how so go figure
we did manage to get down to the finish of the trail and it turned out to be a challange but not for its rocks but for the slipery mud insted
yes i did like the trail alot an will do it again
we also did jacoby canyon and this was a wonderful little trail and i wish it could have been longer
what we found interesting is at the other end of the john bull were we never exit at is an enterence to gold mtn as well and im just curious were at on the gold mtn does this put you
Old 07-07-2001, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Reading a trail book also requires a little common sense. If the trail is marked 3N69 and there is another one designated with an A, that means that is is a loop or and offshoot that will bring you back to the original trail. 3N69A takes you to a huge pile of tailings from a mine.

If I catch you bashing that trail book one more time, I am going to take it away from you and throw it away.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find or even know where Jacoby Cyn or the pavement side entrance to Gold Mtn. was?

It is not who you know, It is who knows you

Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Old 07-07-2001, 03:56 PM

Reading a trail book also requires a little common sense

If I catch you bashing that trail book one more time, I am going to take it away from you and throw it away.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find or even know where Jacoby Cyn or the pavement side entrance to Gold Mtn. was?

remember the pimp is the jeep god
Old 07-07-2001, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Without the trail book, I suspect that the pimp would be a lost jeep god.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you

Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.