Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 PM

No idea why I'm here...

I was inclined to say I'm here because I like Blaine, and figured the old goat could use a friend. He seems to have this polarizing effect on some people, eh? Yeah well, it's just how he is, ain't it? That said, after I registered, I thought I'd kill some time reading some of the posts in here, until I got my confirmation. Lo & behold I found some old posts from 04, and it was clear he at least HAD some friends! That said, I don't know why I'm here...

I've had two Jeeps. The first was a 91 I bought used about 15 years ago. It & I only saw pavement. One day going up over Snoqualmie Pass here in Washington state, it went buns up, and that was that. I went a few years without a Jeep, and missed it dearly...so one day, I got a wild hair and a down payment & went and bought myself a new one. Red, with half doors just like the first one. That was in April, 2005.

For the next 3-1/2 years or so, it & I only saw pavement, and a few forest service roads. Things have changed a bit over the last year or so. Once I discovered the trails around here, I've been all but consumed with getting as much seat time as fiscally & physically possible. And...lurking around a few forums, getting "internet schooled" in my down time. That's how I met Blaine...///and ultimately why I'm here.

Hello, my name is John, and I'm in Tacoma, Wa.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Reggae

Welcome. Thank you for joining us. I've just enjoyed reading your post about the diferences between now and then and the gas station attendents.

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObject View Post
Welcome. Thank you for joining us. I've just enjoyed reading your post about the diferences between now and then and the gas station attendents.
Your welcome, thanks for the kind words, too. You know, as I waited for my registration to be confirmed, I read a thread somewhere on here from 04 about a wheelin' trip that you & Blaine, among others were on. I believe someone named "William" was there, too. Anyway, the comments & posts, and overall spirit of that thread was refreshing compared to similar threads on other boards...

That said, perhaps I'll get a chance to meet/wheel with you guys a little further down the road. Thanks again, Sergey.

~John/Tacoma, WA
Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I showed Matt my twinkie and he like it.

Welcome aboard Ragged Ol Man.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>