Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 05-15-2002, 11:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Anybody miss me?

Im sure you didn't, but I found my way here.
Scott (aka- love24wheel)
Old 05-16-2002, 07:38 AM
Reggae

Cool

You know what is the most fun thing to do for administrators on this board? Ban people when they are not paying attention. Please, don?t take it personal if you get banned (and you probably will).

Welcome Scott!

Can we see some pictures of you and your girlfriend?
Old 05-16-2002, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Sergey, you almost saved me the trouble, but not quite.

Scotty, you are welcome if you treat this place like your home. That's why we started it. We wanted a place to be ourselves. A place to talk honestly, and a place to be among friends.

This is not a place for you to post incessant inane drivel. The pirate flippy guy isn't as welcome here as other places.

No attitude is required that is not yours naturally. You do not have to act the badass to be here. Post BS and you will get called on it. Just be yourself and make it home.

Personally, I doubt that you can make it. I've watched you for a couple of years now, and you seem to always be looking for a place to fit in. Maybe this is the place, maybe not. It will however, be someplace you can get back what you put into it.

I will withhold my welcome until I see how you act.

To answer your question, honestly, no I didn't miss you and was really hoping you would not find us. Now that you have, let's see what happens.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:23 AM

Great, I had to plug in my spare keyboard! Spewed coffee all over the previous from sudden shock and then laughter.

Jeeper
Old 05-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by TObject
You know what is the most fun thing to do for administrators on this board? Ban people when they are not paying attention. Please, don?t take it personal if you get banned (and you probably will).

Welcome Scott!

Can we see some pictures of you and your girlfriend?
This is perhaps the greatest "welcome" that I've ever seen.

Good luck to you Scott, take it easy and all will be cool!
Old 05-16-2002, 03:18 PM

Hi Scott,

Boy, you're in for fun here! Stay out of trouble!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:03 PM

Hi Scott,

Will you and your Jeep be at HDR? it's coming up soon. Check out the Calendar. I hope that you don't get banned. If you pay attention then it shouldn't happen, only people who don't pay attention get banned.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Send a message via AIM to Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Scott
Guys, thanks for the warnings, welcomes, and whatever else was said.
Blaine,
As far as you not welcoming me, Its pretty much what I expected. Frankly, I didnt even expect a response from you. As far as my attitude, it remains constant no matter what board Im on. I don't believe in changing my attitude as soon as I get behind a computer. Save your welcome, as far as Im concerned, you can keep it. If you don't think I can make it, thats fine. All I ask is that you give me a chance, and don't ban me just because you feel like it one day.
TObject--- I tend to pay attention. Im not too worried.
Jeff, I'll play it cool no worries.

Kat, I don't know yet if Im going to be able to make HDR... I'll let you all know.
Scott
Old 05-16-2002, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Blaine,
As far as you not welcoming me, Its pretty much what I expected. Frankly, I didnt even expect a response from you.

Why not? This is my home. We started it as such. We are fairly tolerant. We do enjoy honesty, and if you can do that, you will fit right in.

As far as my attitude, it remains constant no matter what board Im on. I don't believe in changing my attitude as soon as I get behind a computer.

Come now Scotty, you and I both know better. I'll let it lay for now, just be aware that all this gets written mostly in stone after 30 minutes. (except for the very rare set of extenuating circumstances)

Save your welcome, as far as Im concerned, you can keep it. If you don't think I can make it, thats fine. All I ask is that you give me a chance, and don't ban me just because you feel like it one day.

We all have the same chances to make fools of ourselves. I have done it here and expect to do it again someday. You have the same fresh slate to do with as you will. Participate, you may actually find it to be the home I enjoy so much.

[/B]
Old 05-16-2002, 10:04 PM

Blaine,
All good points, and I like the fact that people are actually giving me a shot. Unlike most on JU that don't like me, you guys are willing to give me a shot. Id be willing to wager that 90 percent of the people that are annoyed by me are so because of what they hear other people say. So, all in all, thank you for giving me a chance.
Scott
Old 05-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Fair enough
Old 05-17-2002, 04:00 AM

Welcome Scott

Hunter
Old 05-17-2002, 08:31 AM

Hi Scott,
If you really want to fit in, make sure you don't bag MTR's, do swap your chuck wagon leaf springs over to coils and even sell your YJ for a TJ because we all know that YJ's aren't real Jeeps Oh yea, and no talk on Dana 70's front and rear allowed
Old 05-17-2002, 08:34 AM

Hi Scott,

Sit back, grab a cup of hot coffee (or whatever else you like), & enjoy the good info here! There's lots of good threads & excellent pics here!!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:17 AM

Hi Scott,

Robert.

I saw the perfect rig with D70's it was a ford F350 4x4 motor home, with a 15,000 lb towing rate. I think the D70 was aperfect choice for this vehicle but D60's would probally be strong enough.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Banned

Smile HI SCOTT

Welcome. I am one of the few non TJ and BUS guys.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Hi Scott,
If you really want to fit in, make sure you don't bag MTR's, do swap your chuck wagon leaf springs over to coils and even sell your YJ for a TJ because we all know that YJ's aren't real Jeeps Oh yea, and no talk on Dana 70's front and rear allowed
Robert no worries.

I actually tried the MTR's at 8 psi, and I wasnt comfortable there. Felt too strange. So I went up to 9 psi, the tires STUCK like GLUE. I like em As far as the chuck wagon leaf springs.. I like em. Jeep or not, I like my YJ No thanks, I don't want D70's. Just a HP 44 front and my 8.8 rear will do me just fine.
Scott
Old 05-20-2002, 12:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to John Send a message via AIM to John Send a message via Yahoo to John
So can we all meet at Starbucks and not have Scott show up?
I'll even stay in country for it this time.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Reggae

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by John
So can we all meet at Starbucks and not have Scott show up?
That?s easy. Just make Scott organize the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott

I actually tried the MTR's at 8 psi, and I wasnt comfortable there. Felt too strange. So I went up to 9 psi, the tires STUCK like GLUE.
So seeing how you told me your on board air was not working - I am wondering how you did this and how you could tell the difference 1PSI would make - I am somewhat observant but not that good
Old 05-20-2002, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates

So seeing how you told me your on board air was not working - I am wondering how you did this and how you could tell the difference 1PSI would make - I am somewhat observant but not that good
Ever heard of going wheeling with ANOTHER person? Would it be so strange if that Other person had OBA? I don't know, maybe Im smoking crack, but I wasn't comfortable at 8 psi.
Oh, and Im up for another starbucks meet and greet. I'll even show up this time.. maybe
Scott
Old 05-20-2002, 08:32 PM

I can even add some air with my el cheapo plug in compressor and often do!
Check out my new sig. Thanks Frank!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:48 AM

I've been reserving a welcome to see if there was going to be a banning, but it appears not.

Welcome aboard Scott. You have found a great resource for advice and the sharing of opinions on all matters Jeeping and some matters about life in general. Please continue to add value by being yourself and sharing your experiences. Enjoy your stay.