Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 12-09-2001, 03:02 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hello to all, from Frank (Daless2)

Good evening folks, my name is Frank.

I am an east coast Jeeper from Georgetown, Kentucky.

Blaine was kind enough to extend an invitation to join the JeepBBS and I have taken him up on the offer.

I will contribute where I can and hope to be helpful. I am very sure I will learn a lot from the many of you with far more experience then I.

Once again, thanks for the invitation. I look forward to getting to know you all over time on the board.

Frank
Old 12-09-2001, 03:09 PM

Show us your toys! That's why we're here!!!

Seth (hi.)

Humpty Dumpty
Old 12-09-2001, 03:59 PM

Hi Frank. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing from you. I've always enjoyed your input on JU and am happy to see you here.

There is no bolt on kit called driver skill. If you want it, you have to actually go out and drive...offroad.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:10 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seth:
Show us your toys! That's why we're here!!!

Seth (hi.)

<A HREF="http://seth.rockcrawler.com[/quote]" TARGET=_blank>http://seth.rockcrawler.com[/quote]</A>

Hi Seth, I think I recognize you from the JU forum.

I do not have a web site other then PhotoPoint Seth, and right at this moment it is not working.

However, if you wouldn't mind clicking on this link and then the "Feature Jeep" button you can see a small write-up on my modestly built 97 TJ.

http://kyoffroad.com/V2.0/TopMenu/StartFrameset.htm

Upgrades I have performed since this was posted include the New Ox Locker in the rear to replace the great off-road but poor on-road handling of the Detroit, and the addition of the Kilby/York OBA system.

Next upgrade is 98 ZJ rear disc brakes. (Thanks for the info Blaine)

And thanks for your interest Seth.

Frank
Old 12-09-2001, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome Jim M.

I will be reading for a while here. So far lots of good "stuff"

Frank
Old 12-09-2001, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Welcome Frank, cruise over to my thread on my jeep that I am working on. I haven't and won't discuss this anywhere else. Have a look around and tell me what you think.

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:05 PM

Hello Frank!
Glad to see you here. This is a nice place to hang. Lots of humor and very little hearsay!
You might notice a different attitude from Blaine on this site. He's a lot more fun to read on JU!
Ron

I like the way my Jeep is now..... I'd just like it, well, a little higher off the ground with more ground clearance!
Old 12-09-2001, 05:30 PM
Administrator

You gotta watch that Ron guy. He sometimes gets a hold of something and just won't let it go.

Old 12-09-2001, 06:02 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrblaine:
You gotta watch that Ron guy. He sometimes gets a hold of something and just won't let it go.[/quote]

Are you still razzin' him about holding on to his D35? Geez, I thought Ron explained his reasons perfectly well.

There is no bolt on kit called driver skill. If you want it, you have to actually go out and drive...offroad.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:05 PM

Welcome, Frank (We won't mention your member #)

I see that this place is turning into the Green Jeep Club

Nice rig, and I see that you even let girls ride in your Jeep, that's cool.

Welcome,
Kat
Old 12-09-2001, 06:15 PM

Well if it isn't Frank "It's not about the thought that counts" Daleese. Welcome to a nicer, more realistic part of the Jeep internet. I've never had a good conversation with you on JU, but, I believe we can have one here. Sit down, put your feet up, I think you'll like it here.

R/
William
Old 12-09-2001, 06:28 PM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim M:
Quote: "Originally posted by mrblaine:
You gotta watch that Ron guy. He sometimes gets a hold of something and just won't let it go."

Are you still razzin' him about holding on to his D35? Geez, I thought Ron explained his reasons perfectly well.

There is no bolt on kit called driver skill. If you want it, you have to actually go out and drive...offroad.[/quote]

Not the 35, just razzin him about defending them so much, while at the same time he was undoing the bolts on his to swap in a 44 as fast as humanly possible. All in good fun.

btw Ron, I really like your new title.

Old 12-09-2001, 06:59 PM

Welcome Frank. You might recognize me from other boards, also. Attitudes are different here, in a pleasant way.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:02 PM

Hi TJRON,

Thanks for your welcome.

Hi JeepKat,

You must be Blaine's better half.

As for the "Girls" riding in my Jeep I don't leave home without them.

You see, I often wimp out on the trail.

This then requires a driver upgrade! Sometime to by Beautiful Bride (Kathy) of many years, and sometimes to my wonderful daughter (Natalie) of 22 years (And yes she is beautiful too!)

Both try real hard not to show me up too badly, but they are not always successful in doing so.

Hi William,

Thank you for your welcome as well. I have no doubt we will have many a good conversations. and no doubt I can learn a lot from you and many others about Jeep'n and such. And yes, nice is always good.

Oh yea William, the spelling is Dalessandro, Maj. USMC (Ret.). Don't feel bad, I have a hard time with it myself. (LOL)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Now I need to go read Blaine's build.

Have a great evening folks,

Frank
Old 12-09-2001, 08:33 PM
Reggae

Welcome Daless2!

Glad you found us! Do you have a shotgun?

Please make yourself comfortable!

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 12-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Hi Frank. Welcome to the board. The information here is top notch and so are the people.

Jeff
Old 12-09-2001, 10:36 PM

There you go again, mrblaine. You better watch it, I got Super Dana 35 help flooding in here like crazy. We can add Frank to the short list!
Hey Frank, how's that Superior kit holding up? Broken anything back there yet?
Ron

I like the way my Jeep is now..... I'd just like it, well, a little higher off the ground with more ground clearance!
Old 12-10-2001, 05:16 AM

Hi TObject,

Thanks for the welcome. Na, don't own a shotgun. Never felt the need. Do I need one?

Hi Jeff,

I spent a few hours last evening reading many of the posts here. Both you and Blaine are correct. Content is great and the tone is far far better then any other Jeep forum I have been on.

TJRON,

I recently replaced the Detroit Locker that came with my Super 35, with the new Ox Locker. There was nothing wrong with the Detroit but on wet snow and ice covered road I had a concern.

I'm very pleased with the Super 35 axles but if I were to add up everything that I currently have in it I could have put just about anything else back there as well. Guess that is one of the costs of doing a build over time. You invest smaller individual amounts over larger periods of time. In my case those smaller amounts total up to be a lot!

For what I do with my Jeep and the way the rest of it is built I am very happy with the Super 35.

Now with Blaine's advice on the disc brakes out of a ZJ I will be able to keep the wheels on too should I ever break one of these axles.

Frank
Old 12-10-2001, 09:04 AM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Hi Frank....how goes it on the eastern side of the country?

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! Say, are you "Sourced in the USA"? LOL

If you're gonna play, you gotta pay
http://www.stu-offroad.com
Old 12-10-2001, 10:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daless2:
Oh yea William, the spelling is Dalessandro, Maj. USMC (Ret.). Don't feel bad, I have a hard time with it myself. (LOL)
[/quote]
Frank,

We now have USMC, USA, and USN. All we need is the AF and we'd have full representation.

Where's Harry at dammit!

William.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:03 PM

Welcome aboard Frank and yes, you do need a shotgun. That TObject guy is a pretty sneaky character

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/35" MTr's

Old 12-10-2001, 12:50 PM

Hi Stu, I saw some of your posts last night! Nice to see that you are here too.

No, sorry I can't say I am "Source in the USA" I was born on a ship when my Mom and Dad immigrated to America form Italy right after WWll. But I am America Made!

Hello again William, and you too Robert.

Would you folks and some others like to help out with something good and decent?

I put a post up on the JU forum.

Unfortunately it was moved to the O/T Forum where so few people see it.

I don't want to repeat the post here but would like to ask if folks would go take a look at it. And if they are comfortable perhaps do something to help these families.

The post is titled "No Greater Love...." and can be found at this link.

http://forums.jeepsunlimited.com/ubb...ML/000220.html

Sorry about posting a link to another forum but I don't think people will mind if they go read it for themselves. It is NOT Jeep Related, unless you consider protecting our freedoms Jeep Related.

William, your down there in Navy heaven, maybe you can spread the content of this post around some. I know it would help greatly.

I see no reason why, with a little help, together we could not make a difference here.

Thanks for your consideration of this.

Frank
Old 12-10-2001, 01:39 PM
Reggae

Frank we do make a difference. By September 14 we were able to reroute whatever we had collected as a part of JeepBBS raffle effort, and donate it to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Found.

Did you write that letter yourself? I find it very hard to believe that the families of the fallen heroes were just abandoned without proper support. However, if you know something we don’t, I think we can definitely do anything we can do to help? Do you have contact with the families? Do you know what their needs are?

Old 12-10-2001, 01:50 PM
Reggae

Frank, you have forgotten to mention Jonn J. Edmunds and Kristofor Tif Stonesifer. They died on Oct. 19, 2001, when their Black Hawk helicopter crashed in Pakistan I think that they are also heroes who gave their lives in war on terrorism. Their families also deserve our deepest thoughts and pairs.

Old 12-10-2001, 02:05 PM
Reggae

You know what, your post got me thinking. What about the families of Afghanis who died fighting Taliban forces? I bet they could definitely use our help.

Do you think we could organize food collection and delivery for them somehow?

Old 12-10-2001, 04:52 PM

Hi TObject,

No I did not write this letter.

I have no idea who did but I did check it out for validity of the information, addresses, and Duty Bases. All are valid.

As a retired military officer I know these families are not completely cut off from a source of income, but I can tell you that income is marginal and significantly less then what the service pay was. Most of this is dependant on grade and pay-scale (rank).

I have been out to long to know with certainty what those incomes would be.

I do not know why Jonn J. Edmunds and Kristofor Tif Stonesifer where not included in this request. (By the way I received this via email.)

Nor do I know why the other service men, two lost at sea and another killed in a fork lift accident were not included.

I can tell you that the military does indeed differentiate between Killed In Action (KIA), and deaths which occur by other means.

Made me smile to read that what you folks collected from your raffle effort was donated as you have stated.

I think what prompted me to post this email on JU, was a realization having nothing to do with monetary donations, but rather recognition and appreciation.

To my way of thinking, the most important part of that email deals with writing letters to each of these families.

Nothing can change what has happened to these young men or their famlies, but an honest expressed appreciation for their lives can and does make all the difference in coping.

Many years ago I was responsible to write letters to the families of Marines who were KIA under my command. At the time I could not imagine any task more difficult for me.

In later years I was blessed with a meeting of the families of these Marines. To a person, each could not have been more thankful for those difficult to write letters.

Their reactions, so many years later is still moving to me.

Did I respond as this email as requested? That's not important.

Everyone can and should do whatever they think is right, or what they feel comfortable in doing.

There is no criticism from me one way or the other.

Only a request to all to consider writing a few letters to a handful of families that we all know are hurting badly this evening.

Frank
Old 12-10-2001, 05:50 PM
Reggae

Frank,

I think you make valid points. Four letters are on the way. I understand that $5/per family is not enough, but if everyone who is reading this sends at least that much I am sure it will be helpful.

Also, I don’t know about everyone else, but that last message that came from your heart, touched me much more than an e-mail copied from Internet could. Thank you.