Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 06-30-2004, 03:31 PM

Talking Hello! From AZ...

Hi guys and gals! I was invited by Robert Yates to join your forum and I hopped at the opportunity. I'm looking to run JV for my first time and trying to get as much info as possible. I hope I don't drive you crazy with questions!
totally worn out, shouting,
"...HOLY $HIT...what a ride!"
Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM

Welcome aboard Eric. You know you have now gone over to the dark side
Old 06-30-2004, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
Welcome aboard Eric. You know you have now gone over to the dark side
Well at least the server seems to work over here!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jay
Welcome aboard!! What part of AZ? I belong to the Parker 4 Wheelers and we have some Killer trails. Have a run once a month sometimes more. And we love rocks!!

Jay
Old 06-30-2004, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the welcoming commitee. I'm in Glendale; AZ. Just NW of Phx. near the infamous Table Mesa trails such as Terminator and Anaconda.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 AM

I've run Terminator, some stuff out at Florence Junction and then the Gap trail outside of Tucson near Oracle. Used to live in Tucson back in the 80's but I didn't have a Jeep back then. I was more of a hippie and doing alot of backpacking

I was trying to get to AZ for some wheelin over Memorial Day this year but a change in jobs took care of that right quick. No Az. wheelin and no Dusy for me this summer
Old 07-01-2004, 08:59 AM

Charoleau Gap was one of the first trails I hit in AZ. You should see it now after the flood went through last year. Also; much of the landscape was burnt in a fire two years back. Terminator took out my right front fender , which was my first taste of body damage. I can't believe you left AZ for CA.! Hehe...
Old 07-01-2004, 09:14 AM

Well,
If I had known that I would end up getting divorced 3 years after I moved here I would have stayed

The Gap trail is way cool - one of the more scenic trails around thats for sure. Here is me on the ledge. Thats about the time I figured the Trutrac I had up front wasn't going to get it done

I never heard about any flood last year though. Funny about floods in the desert - I remember the floods back in the early 80's - I watched entire houses floating down the Rillito and Santa Cruz in Tucson. I also had an opportunity to fly over it in a small plane and the water spread out for miles outside of Marana. Crazy.

Terminator was fun - the exit was pretty interesting Stu has some pix somewhere. Joe Dillar here might pipe in with a few as he brought his rig to AZ with me too.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Wilkommen!!!!

I've just relocated to Phoenix. I'm going to be living right near the Metro Center and currently I'm crashing with a friend right by the 101 and 31st Ave.

As for the pics Robert mentioned, I believe the originals will be making it out here when the parents come cross country with my things but the scans can be found on Stu's site.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
Wilkommen!!!!

I've just relocated to Phoenix. I'm going to be living right near the Metro Center and currently I'm crashing with a friend right by the 101 and 31st Ave.

As for the pics Robert mentioned, I believe the originals will be making it out here when the parents come cross country with my things but the scans can be found on Stu's site.
Hi! ...and thank you! Forgive me for asking, but are you Robert's ex-wife??? I was just wondering how you ended up with the original pics. *Ducks!* Please don't slap me.
I'm about two minutes from you on Union Hills RD. Small world!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 PM

you would have do to more than duck if my ex was really around
Old 07-01-2004, 10:46 PM

I bet!!! Hehehe.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Roberts ex wife.... LOL Nah, I just happened to be out there for the trip they were on and took about 75 pictures.

If you're that close, we should meet up for a little M&G at some point. Maybe we could get a few other AZ jeepers together like Stu, Blantent (if he's still around), Jeeper and others I may have forgotten about.
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
Roberts ex wife.... LOL Nah, I just happened to be out there for the trip they were on and took about 75 pictures.

If you're that close, we should meet up for a little M&G at some point. Maybe we could get a few other AZ jeepers together like Stu, Blantent (if he's still around), Jeeper and others I may have forgotten about.
Ok...i'm confused. (Nothing new!) I take it you used to live here before? Sorry for the delayed reply. Just got back from wheeling in Colorado. Did some trails in Montrose and Silverton. If you ever get the chance; hit "Calamity Jane" in Montrose. It was like a never ending Terminator! Some of the guys did "Die Trying", but I opted not to as I had to be able to drive my Jeep home.

A meet and great sounds fun. How about Hooters? Hehehe...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Arizona Chick

I've visited here at least 6 or 7 times previous before actually up and moving here.

Glad to see you had a good time in Co.

As for Hooter, I have no problem with it, they've got killer wings!!! And killer other things too for all those with the soon to be "entertaining" replies. I've seen the Hooters a few times, I just can't remember where. I think it's by the Applebee's that is doing the 1/2 price apps and drinks happy hour and from 10pm to close.

I'm free all day tomorrow, the afternoon on Friday and then pretty much all day on the 14th but I'd perfer to do something after 2pm if possible that day, if you had that day free.

I won't have another day open until later in the month, the 23rd, 24th, 25th.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:12 PM

Welcome from down south west!
ty
Old 07-13-2004, 10:40 AM

Thanks Cookie! Where are you located in this sweltering state?
Eric
Old 07-13-2004, 01:58 PM

In Yuma, right at the end of the Camino Del Diablo trail
Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 AM

Sorry for the similar user name.

I'm an old timer at the 'other' websites but just started visiting again and thats when I discovered this place. In fact, I just rediscovered Jeeps.

Although I own a CJ and a TJ I have been dabbling in the dark side of Land Cruisers. Boy what a big mistake! It took me 20 hours to change the head gasket on the Cruiser when I could have had it done on one of my Jeeps in about 4 hours. Birfields........ forget it. I've seen the light and Im back and sorry I left.

Anyway, Hello!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:03 AM

Welcome Larry,
Where abouts are you from?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:19 AM

I'm in Phoenix. I met you at Stu's a few years back.

I used to ride with him, Dion(Blatant) and Steve(Jeeper).
Old 07-28-2004, 11:29 AM

I was wondering if that was you which is why I asked. Welcome back to the fold Steve still got his Jeep?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 AM

Robert,
I havent talked to Steve since that night. I dont think he ever finished his Jeep or else someone would have heard from him.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Hi Larry!

Long time, no hear! Glad to see you back at the Jeeps again.

I ran into Steve last month (I think it was)....maybe some place like the toy show at the Civic Plaza. Gosh, I don't remember the details now. But anyway, he is alive and well and has yet to finish the Jeep.

Anyway, nice to see you back in a forum. We'll have to get together some time and catch up on what has been happening.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:40 PM

Hey Stu!

Looking forward to getting back on the trail when things cool off.

I almost called you about a week ago. Had a Jeep question but I figured it out.

I'll look you up in a few months when I come out of summer hibernation.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

I hear you about the summer hibernation.

If you want to watch some movie and kill a couple of cold ones during the weekend, give me a shout. I have found you can do that WITHOUT having to battle the heat! LOL
Old 08-28-2004, 07:33 AM

HEY GUYS!!! I didn't fall off the face of the earth...just been busy with a new Job and the kids. Good News....The Jeep runs!!! Just some work on the Exhaust and a new Cage and I should be set to go!

Jeeper
Old 08-28-2004, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeeper
HEY GUYS!!! I didn't fall off the face of the earth...just been busy with a new Job and the kids. Good News....The Jeep runs!!! Just some work on the Exhaust and a new Cage and I should be set to go!

Jeeper
Hey...that's good to hear.

08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ

Old 08-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Arizona Chick

Nice to see you're still alive. Hopefully one day we can meet up on the trail. Knowing the stuff you big boys do, I'll be riding shotgun though.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:30 PM

Talking

Not so sure I'm going to be tackling any big stuff right away...I need to learn how to drive the thing all over again!