Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 AM

I never though I'd say this, but Transformers is a damn good summer movie.

It's big, it's loud, it's pretty dumb, but man was it a fun movie.

If you like big summer blockbusters, you will like this movie. It is very well done and it even has a threadbare storyline that mostly makes sense.

The best things about this movie are the following:

For once, not everyone in a position of authority (government, army) is completely incompetent. They are simply overwhelmed.

So it was fun to watch a movie like this because the people in the army are actually trying to kick butt, while the robots fight it out.

Also, the movie actually took the time to have some character development in the begining so you actually somewhat became interested in what would happen to the main characters.

(there are a bunch of pointless throwaway characters though.)

Usually movies like this go into pure action and while the action is fun, you don't really end up caring much what happens to anyone.

Anyway, I had a great time at this movie. If you can ignore the cheeze that Michael Bay can't seem to avoid putting in his movies, you will have a good time.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 PM

I enjoyed it too..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 PM

I want to take the boys this weekend - anything really out of control? They've seen Lord of the Rings if that gives you a benchmark of what a bad parent I am.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM

I'd say it was on par in violence with the first Lord of the Rings and far less violent than the last lord of the rings.

Transformers was mostly robots shooting at one another and beating the crap out of one another.

There were a couple of firefights between U.S. soldiers and robots with a couple of soldiers being killed, but nothing up close or bloody.

A couple of secret service dudes also get shot and taken down, but it's not bloody.

The most gruesome death in the movie was probably one of the solders getting impaled by a scorpion type robot, but it's quick and the scene is over in a second.

I remember seeing way more blood and violent attacks in the 3rd Lord of the rings movie.

So if you were cool with that one, Transformers should be fine.