Go Back   JeepBBS > The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly > Black Label
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Black Label Have you been treated good or bad? Share your story. This is the place to praise or shame

Old 08-15-2002, 04:53 PM

America's Tire Co. Warranty

Man, I can't think of a better replacement warranty than America Tire Co's, if you actually do any wheeling.

I am the first to steer clear of these types of warranties because I basically think they are a scam. I took the advise of other's who have been down this road though, and I am very glad I did.

There were no questions asked, and I received a replacement within a day, for the MTR I blew the sidewall out on the Rubicon.

You lose one tire and you have recouped your investment in the warranty. Any wrecked tires after that and you are in the black.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you already know about the possibility of getting the warranty, but for those of you that don't, I highly recommend it if you are running expensive tires and offroading regularly.

(Thanks again scott for the use of the saftey seal kit and the instructions on how to use it).
Old 08-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Like you Shalom, I give the ATC's warranty a huge thumb's up. Unfortunately, I give my local store a huge thumb's down yet again. I've had other issues in the past with a few salesmen not following up on their calls, making promises they couldn't or had no intention of keeping, selling me a spare wheel with the wrong bolt pattern (5x4.75) and finding out the hard way ...

Anyway, I took out two of my brand new MTR's on the Dusy a few weeks ago (damn tree roots! ). Anyway, my wife was kind enough to take the Jeep to ATC to get them replaced. No problem, he said, "two new tires". After taking a $20 deposit from my wife, with the remaining $43 or so due at installation, he said to check back in two days. To make a long story short, my wife has been hounding this guy for two weeks now trying to find out where these tires are. If he just said two weeks it would be fine. Instead, he'd promise a call back which never arrived. Determined to take care of this herself, she called back ATC today and basically said to the guy "where are my tires, and if you can't tell me, get me somebody who can". After flushing him out and not taking his BS stories, he fessed up that he dropped the ball. He now says they'll be in tomorrow after 3:00. We shall see.

Unfortunately, the ATC which is really friendly and reliable is 10 miles away vs. 1 mile. Maybe it's time to drive a bit farther to that one.

BTW, the MTR's were night and day difference over the BFG's I ran the trail with last year. I cannot believe how well they stick.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:21 PM

Yes MTRs do kick serious butt. THat could be a separate topic for this section I suppose.

For almost all conditions out here in Sunny CA, MTRs kick butt. There I said it. People can believe otherwise, but they are wrong.

Anyway, the ATC i went to is up here in the Valley, on Topanga Canyon Road.

A bit of a haul for you, but they were extremelly efficient. They had the tire next day, called me to let me know it was there, and had me in and out, with a full rebalance on the other 3 tires in less than 45 mins.

Not too shabby.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:25 PM

One draw back is that they keep cross threading my lug nuts. The last time Blaine broke the stud trying to get the lug nut off for me and last night it came off, but stripped the lug nut and the stud. Both on the drivers rear wheel. If this keeps up I'm going to have all new studs in about 7 months or less.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepKat
If this keeps up I'm going to have all new studs in about 7 months or less.
Does Blaine know about this!!!!!

Old 08-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Give the lady a TJ and she's out getting new studs!

Here in Arizona, I believe your ATC is called Discount Tire.

The best part about it is that one of our Jeep club members is a counter guy at Discount Tire. Needless to say, he ensures that the club members get top service and the best price he can deal out. I've even had him deliver a mounted tire to my house because it wasn't ready when it was suppose to be and I had tried to pick it up. Now that is sevice.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:17 PM

yup discounts warrenty is awesome. Blew out 2 BFGS already, and got them both replaced free. Been in ther numorous times to get my tires reseated dude to dirt and bark and crap being stuck in the beads (i need 7"rims as opposed to 8" doh!) no complaints, they do it for free, its great.

44 willys MB bone stock being restored.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:42 PM

My local Discount Tire closed up shop a while back. Now the nearest store is a whole state away. Just blew the sidewall out of an MTR this past weekend.... long story but I put the tip of the tail pipe through it.

Now I have the warranty, and I've e-mailed some consumer affairs e-mail address off their website about my situation, but I think it will be interesting to see how this one gets handled. Will keep you posted on how it turns out.