Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 06-05-2002, 04:59 AM
The king of shotgun debate

Update to ADE "Theft Protection" System

Good Morning Folks,

I suppose I need to legitimize my claim to being first. (That would be reasonable Frank!)

So here's my shot at it.

Back in January I put a design and document out on how to automatically disable and enable my 97 TJ from running.

I called this "Theft Protection" system the ADE System.

Since posting this write-up on my rudimentary web site for folks to pull down I have heard back from well over 100 Jeepers who have built and used this system

All worked fine but for two.

My design had intentionally left out a diode to control "relay coil fly-back voltages". I did this on purpose to keep the circuit as simple as possible, but not before I tested this by building 12 units and installing them and finding they all worked.

Well, I guess I didn't test enough, as two Jeepers did indeed require this diode.

I have updated this document, and also added a by-pass switch to this simple circuit.

If anyone would like to download it it can be found in MS word format at

http://home.att.net/~email.id/wsb/ht...ome.html-.html

Frank

PS: If anyone cares to host this write-up on their site I would be grateful.