Go Back   JeepBBS > Marketplace > Jeep Aftermarket Companies

Jeep Aftermarket Companies If you have a jeep related business you can let JeepBBS visitors know about it here. Also this is the section where you can post information about 4 wheel drive shops and companies that sell automotive and jeeping related products

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Exclamation Group Purchase of Buckstop Off-Road Bumpers

If anyone is interested, we have a group purchase in progress over on RV.net for Buckstop off-road bumpers. This includes Buckstop's front and rear bumpers (which are mostly for full-sized pick up trucks), as well as accessories such as lights and Warn winches. The group purchase ends as of close of business on next Thursday May 8th. We currently have 5 people who have committed to an order (with a couple more in the wings), however, the more folks we can get involved, the better of a discount we can all get. Here is the discount schedule that has been negotiated with Buckstop:

- 1 order = retail pricing
- 2 orders = 1.5% discount
- 4 orders = 4.5% discount
- 5 orders = 6% discount
- 6 orders = 7.5% discount
- 7 orders = 9% discount
- 8 orders = 10% discount
- 10 orders = 15% discount

Also, while Buckstop already discounts their lights and winches when purchased at the same time as bumpers, as part of the group purchase, they are offering an additional 10% off of their lighting products as well as an additional 5% off of winches. These additional discounts will apply regardless of the number of group buy participants.

Here are some more details for anyone who might be interested in participating:

1) The link to the Buckstop group purchase thread on RV.net is: http://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/fu...9.cfm#21359319

2) The link to Buckstop?s website is: http://www.buckstop.biz/

3) If you are interested in ordering a Buckstop bumper at discount (as part of the group purchase), please either post in this thread, post in the thread on RV.net (if you are a member of that forum), or you can send me a PM. This way, we can keep better track of how many folks will be ordering so we can see what kind of discount we can ultimately achieve.

4) In terms of the ordering process, here is the plan. You will need to call Kris at Buckstop at 1-800-431-6978 no later than May 8th, and tell him that your bumper order is part of the RV.net group purchase. Then please come back to this thread, the thread on RV.net, or send me a PM that you have placed your order. The other thing to keep in mind is what is mentioned in the thread on RV.net, and that is, coordinating shipping between two or more people to save on shipping costs by having a single shipment with more than one bumper in the shipment. Those folks that plan to go this direction will need to call their orders in on the same day (which could be any business day between now and the 8th).

5) With regard to discounts, Kris has indicated that when anyone places their order with Buckstop (from now through the deadline of May 8th), their credit card will be charged the full retail amount for their respective order. After all orders are in and the group purchase is closed at the end of business on the 8th, Buckstop will tally the orders and they will then figure the appropriate discount level and credit back the resultant amounts to each of our credit card accounts.

So that's about it. As you can see, the more people that place their orders by May 8th, the better the overall and individual discounts will be for all ordering parties. These are some really heavy-duty, well-built, and good looking off-road bumpers, and it's not often that a group purchase comes along to save some money on such items. If you have any questions, please let me know.

In closing, please note the following:

- I have no affiliation whatsoever with Buckstop, nor do I stand to gain anything from the group purchase effort (other than the same discount that any other participant would benefit from). I am simply a JeepBBS and RV.net forum member who (along with the other participants), have a personal interest in purchasing Buckstop bumpers for our camper-based rigs.

- I hope that such a post in the Jeep Friends forum does not violate any JeepBBS rules. If it does, Blaine and Sergey can of course feel free to modify my post, move it, or eliminate it entirely.

Thanks,

Don Curley
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 AM

Please note that the end date for the Buckstop bumper group buy has been extended from 5/8 to 5/12/08.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 AM

Exclamation Last Day !

Just a reminder ... today is the last day for the Buckstop bumper group purchase. Buckstop will be closing the group buy as of 5:00 PM PDT. So, if anyone is interested, you will need to call Kris at Buckstop prior to that time today.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Arrow

The group purchase for Buckstop bumpers is closed. We ended up with 6 buyers from RV.net, which will net the participants with a 7.5% discount.

Don