Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 01-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Thumbs up My cousin is officially a Marine

Just got a call from my parents who went to Parris Island for the ceremony today and graduation from boot camp tomorrow. My cousin was pinned today and is looking great. He (actually his platoon) earned an extra 7 days off for a total of 17 free days instead of the original 10. He is then going to report to Camp Le June for a few weeks of more training then he heads to Rhode Island for his paralegal job.

He and his father cried pretty hard, which was nice to hear as they fought like cats and dogs before he left. He's more talkative, seems more mature and down to earth too. I can't wait to see him on Saturday and hear his stories. I feel a little bad I couldn't go down but I can't take the days from work as I will have to take some in Feb for a job interview or two.

At least I'll be able to hang out with him for some of those days he's back in town, take him to what ever restaurant he wants to go to, no matter what the costs and treat him to whatever he wants to eat.

As soon as I get pics, I'll be sure to post them. I'm so proud of him!!!!
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. WAKE UP!!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.

So face forward with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... are you ready to go?
Old 01-22-2004, 07:41 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Re: My cousin is officially a Marine

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer

He (actually his platoon) earned an extra 7 days off for a total of 17 free days instead of the original 10.

I'm so proud of him!!!!

Hi Jamie,

It's so refreshing to see someone so proud of there family as you are.

Please understand, what your cousin "earned" wasn't 7 extra days of leave.

He earned something far more important, to be found only inside himself.

Semper Fi

Frank