Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introduce Yourself This is a welcoming section of our bulletin board. New members, after completing the initial registration process, please stop here first to say ?Hello?

Old 07-23-2002, 05:04 PM

Arrow A funny thing happened while searching for something better...

...I found this site. I lurked for a while and liked what I saw. It goes without saying that I recognize a lot of the names. Maybe I can finally chat and read threads about Jeeps without it being like a Mexican Soap Opera.

Anyway, here I am. I hope to be able to contribute what little knowledge I have, and a lot of opinion.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Re: A funny thing happened while searching for something better...

Quote:
Originally posted by KY-Jeep
...I found this site. I lurked for a while and liked what I saw. It goes without saying that I recognize a lot of the names. Maybe I can finally chat and read threads about Jeeps without it being like a Mexican Soap Opera.

Anyway, here I am. I hope to be able to contribute what little knowledge I have, and a lot of opinion.

Thanks.
Knowledge is a funny and misunderstood thing. None of us were born with it and just about all of ours is hard fought and learned the hard way, through experience.

This place came into being out of the enjoyment of sharing stuff learned the hard way and rarely buying into the hype. I have a lot of respect for someone who lurks first and forms their own opinion of something.

Welcome and please don't be shy about participating.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:27 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hey KY-Jeep,

I saw you join a few days ago but wanted to wait for your introduction.

Do you have a name?

Tell us a bit about yourself and your Jeep.

By my count you are the third Jeeper from Kentucky here (who says this is only a left coast board!).

Heck we might even know each other.

I'm Frank and I live about 50 miles south of you in Georgetown.

Welcome to the board, I do believe you will find time spent here valuable, both in giving and receiving.

Welcome,

Frank
Old 07-24-2002, 12:47 AM
AA reject

welcome...
Old 07-24-2002, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daless2
Hey KY-Jeep,

I saw you join a few days ago but wanted to wait for your introduction.

Do you have a name?

Tell us a bit about yourself and your Jeep.

By my count you are the third Jeeper from Kentucky here (who says this is only a left coast board!).

Heck we might even know each other.

I'm Frank and I live about 50 miles south of you in Georgetown.

Welcome to the board, I do believe you will find time spent here valuable, both in giving and receiving.

Welcome,

Frank
Howdy Frank (and all),
I've noticed that there are a lot of west coast Jeepers here, and having just come back from San Francisco, I can see why. Everytime I go out west, I salivate at all of the great scenery and wheeling spots. There must be something wrong with me when I see a beautiful mountain range and the only thing I can think about is how far up it I could get in 2WD before I had to shift to 4LO. At least there are support groups like this one.

By request, here's a little bit of my bio. Probably more than anyone wants to know, but oh well. I grew up on a small farm in southern Ohio, and recently moved into Independence KY. I still work in downtown Cincinnati as a project manager for transit bus manufacturing quality assurance. I graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a bachelors degree in business administration, and from Thomas More College with a Masters degree in business administration.

I'm in my early 30's. My first car at 16 was a 1977 CJ-7 Renegade with a 304 and 3-speed. I could lift the front wheels off the ground, but could never figure out why my u-joints would fail. My first wheeling trip was with my father and his friends when I was 7 years old. I still remember the blub, blub, blub, of the exhaust under the mud.

I owned a 1994 YJ Sahara until 1999, when I had to sell it for financial reasons due to the birth of my daughter. I thought that I got Jeeps out of my blood, but as we all know, that never happens. Last summer I stumbled on a great deal on a 1988 XJ Pioneer and wheeled it a couple of times.

In January of this year, I sold the XJ and put the money down on a 2001 TJ Sahara with a D44. By April, I've put on an Old Man Emu lift, RE front trac bar, Turbo City sidebars, Tera oil pan skid, Tera steering skid, and 31X10.50 Bridgestone Dueler MT's. Two weeks ago I finally got around to putting on my Kilby gas skid.

In May I was one of the many trail guides for the Daniel Boone Jeep Jamboree. I was assigned to the muddy trail, but had a great time anyway. I've been hanging out with some of the people from Lexington with the We-Go-Offroad site.

Now, y'all know more about me than my soon-to-be ex-wife does.

Sorry for the long post, but remember, Daless2 asked for it

Donald
Old 07-24-2002, 07:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to emills
Hello and welcome to our corner of the world. Kick off you shoes, sit back and make yourself at home.

Eric
Old 07-24-2002, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KY-Jeep

I still work in downtown Cincinnati as a project manager for transit bus manufacturing quality assurance.

Now, y'all know more about me than my soon-to-be ex-wife does.

Heh - I am a PM working with a transportation authority and my friends here know more about me than my ex does

Welcome.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Reggae

That is true! We know Robert uses CORBA. I bet his ex-wife has no idea.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:04 PM

Re: Re: A funny thing happened while searching for something better...

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
None of us were born with it and just about all of ours is hard fought and learned the hard way, through experience.
Some of us have to have it repeatedly bashed into our heads..
Old 07-24-2002, 12:25 PM

Chino, Eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates

Heh - I am a PM working with a transportation authority and my friends here know more about me than my ex does

Welcome.
Robert,
Next time I'm at ElDorado, I'll let you know and maybe we can get together. Are you planning on going to the APTA show in Las Vegas in September? If so, hit me backchannel and I'll make sure that you get invites to our hospitality suite and customer appreciation dinner at the ESPNZone.

Later.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:49 PM

Thanx but I usually don't do APTA. I am on the ITS side of things over here but I might have to make a drive to Vegas for the hospitatility suite

BTW, I am in So Cal so El Dorado would be a bit of a drive
Old 07-24-2002, 01:16 PM

I meant the bus manufacturer

Robert,
I was talking about the bus manufacturer, ElDorado National in Chino, CA. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:37 PM

Oh hell, I didn't even know that there was a bus manufacturer in my own home town

Heck, if you are ever get into Chino, give me a heads up. Its not a big place
Old 07-24-2002, 07:47 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hello again Donald,

Thanks for the info.

We'll have to get together sometime and wheel!

Frank