Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 08-09-2001, 07:39 AM
Reggae

Your instructions should start like this:

The control arms you just purchased can be used for decorative purposes only. They are not suspension components, and should not be utilized under load. These control arms are not DOT approved and not street legal. Don’t drink and drive. Buckle up. The control arms will not protect occupants in case of an accident. The control arms come without warranty whatsoever, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the control arms will be error-free. In no respect shall the provider of the control arms incur any liability for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of, resulting from, or any way connected to the use of the item, whether or not based upon warranty, contract, tort, or otherwise; whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or otherwise; and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of, the results of, the control arms, or any services that may be provided by the control arms provider. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. All pictures in this document are simulated. Colors may, in time, fade. May be too intense for some viewers. No user-serviceable parts inside. List was current at time of printing. Not responsible for typographical or printers errors. In case of overdose, seek professional assistance. Do not submerge. Do not swallow. Do not put in eyes. Do not put in humans or animals. No animals were harmed during testing. Not for indoors use. Keep out of the reach of children. Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. Some assembly required. Use only as directed. This technology is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, or air traffic control machines in which its failure could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage. No other warranty expressed or implied. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Avoid alcoholic beverages while using this product. May cause drowsiness. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Post office will not deliver without postage. Your canceled check is your receipt. An adult must accompany children. Avoid contact with skin. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Clean with soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Replace with same type. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. Not sold in stores. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Your mileage may vary. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Slippery when wet. Contact manufacturer for list of nutrients. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Pursuant to all federal regulations, past, present and future. This Agreement does not grant you any rights...

Navigation and Technologies Officer
NoNo Expeditions Australia

www.expeditionsaustralia.com
Old 08-09-2001, 07:48 AM
Banned

Wow, the instructions are a very good start.

BTW, I understand the custom thing too. I've got custom guns, custom Jeep parts, and even write my checks for custom things with a custom made pen, made from birds-eye maple (and remember, if you gotta ask..., so please don't ask what I paid for a custom made birds-eye maple ink pen) .

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom
Old 08-09-2001, 08:04 AM
Administrator

TO- you forgot one thing. Please download and read this fully before attempting any installation or modifications to your existing control arms or their intended locations. Failure to do so will result in a complete and total inability of parts to function as intended. These instructions and warranty must be kept with 3.5 feet of the area of supplied or covered parts in order for the warranty inspector to have access at any time.

Remember our motto at Custom Control Arms Inc. is as follows. We take longer, cost more, and do shoddy work.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:42 AM

Custom guns, Oh yeah!
I got a few too. Only think is I did the work myself. Saved a bunch of money doing it myself. Now I own hundreds of dollars of gun tools that will probably never see daylight again!
Ever hand file a Bomar sight into a Colt 45 slide? I did, came out real good. Would never do that again!
Learning must be fun, or I'm a moron!
Ron
Jim,
Good luck with the new control arms. Ever think of taking the normal lines? hahahaha.....
Ron
Old 08-09-2001, 09:15 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TJRon

Jim,
Good luck with the new control arms. Ever think of taking the normal lines? hahahaha.....
Ron [/quote]

Ron,
That is exactly how I have avoided serious body damage all these years. I feel at times that there are 2 angels on each side of the Jeep looking out for me.

Btw, can you make me an espresso coffee maker out of wood?

Jim B.

97TJ El Niño, Mods listed on Web Site.
JJB@worldoversea.com
http://www.jeep.worldoversea.com
Jeep Rater Score: 42
Old 08-09-2001, 10:34 AM

"I still have dreams about you switching out my hood for yours. Btw, never mind trail and drivetrain repairs, does April know how much you spend on fixing body damage?"
Fixing body damage? Hahahaha! I put corner panels on to fix/cover the Escalator and roll job damage, the rest of the Jeep is as you saw it, except more rust. If I ever get the money pit (April puts another word in front of money pit) set up to not break, I may do something about the body, like primer it or something cool......
I'm starting to think the guys who stick to the simpler part of the trails have the right idea.

I can see me sitting on the side of the trail saying, "Don't those guys ever get enough?

Later, got to work on "Money Pit",
Ron
Old 08-09-2001, 10:55 AM

Staffing for Custom Control Arms, Inc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrblaine:
Remember our motto at Custom Control Arms Inc. is as follows. We take longer, cost more, and do shoddy work.[/quote]

Blaine,

In light of your company's motto, may I suggest recruiting Brennan Metcalf as either your Director of Quality Control or possibly Director of Client Relations?

Don
Old 08-09-2001, 11:34 AM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC:
Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine:
Remember our motto at Custom Control Arms Inc. is as follows. We take longer, cost more, and do shoddy work.
Blaine,

In light of your company's motto, may I suggest recruiting Brennan Metcalf as either your Director of Quality Control or possibly Director of Client Relations?

Don [/QUOTE]

What, and let him have my job?

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:19 PM

Warning: Copyright law and international treaties protect these custom arms. All applications for adoption or attempted adoption of the creator will be shredded, burned and then mailed back to the offending adoption seeking individual. No application will be reviewed, listened to or tolerated. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of these custom arms, or any portion of them, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the Custom Control Arms Inc. law.

Old 08-09-2001, 07:07 PM

This has to be the funniest thing since the "harry do you like apples" thread on Ju!

R/
William