Go Back   JeepBBS > jeep related stuff only > Technical Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technical Forum The main forum for jeep related discussions. Mechanically Inept...

Old 01-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Picking shocks

I'm getting new rear shocks tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the Rancho 9000's. I'm debating whether to use ones that are similar in length to the ProComps that I trashed or get longer ones that will net me about 1/2 inch more droop.

The other thing that I was wondering is when the shop I'm buying my shocks from (I'm installing them, just went to get ideas) measured, they lifted the Jeep from the bumper and the axle drooped one both sides. Is that going to limit the travel? I guess the picture that Blaine posted awhile back
makes me wonder if I'm going the right way with this.

Both of the shocks I looked at had about 10" of travel, One is 24" long and the other is 28" long. Or is there a longer travel shock that'll work better? I've got to redo my rear shock mount, so I can play around with the length if needed.