Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 02-09-2002, 06:27 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Drive shaft lengths for Atlas II on 97 TJ ????

Hi Folks,

I have decided to upgrade my NV231 with Tera4Low to the Atlas II and I know I will need some drive shaft work. van anyone give me any clues to the length of the front and rear drive shafts I will need?

I already have Tom Woods CV shafts and I can get these reworked here in Kentucky but I am a bit immobile at the time. What I would like to do is have a friend drop my shafts for me now and send them out so in two weeks when my new T/case arrives I will be ready to put it in.

My Jeep isn't built up as much as most of yours are but here are what I thing the pertinent specs would be.

1997 TJ, 4.0L, 5 speed, 2 inch spring lift, Tera adjustable control arms, HD short conversion, BellyUp, Super D35 with Ox Locker rear, D30 up front with ARB. Did I leave anything important out?

Has anyone done an Atlas II in a Jeep like mine? and who wouldn't mind getting me the front and rear drive shaft lengths?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
Old 02-09-2002, 06:29 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daless2:

Hi Folks,

I have decided to upgrade my NV231 with Tera4Low to the Atlas II and I know I will need some drive shaft work. Can anyone give me any clues to the length of the front and rear drive shafts I will need?

I already have Tom Woods CV shafts and I can get these reworked here in Kentucky but I am a bit immobile at the time. What I would like to do is have a friend drop my shafts for me now and send them out so in two weeks when my new T/case arrives I will be ready to put it in.

My Jeep isn't built up as much as most of yours are but here are what I thing the pertinent specs would be.

1997 TJ, 4.0L, 5 speed, 2 inch spring lift, Tera adjustable control arms, HD short conversion, BellyUp, Super D35 with Ox Locker rear, D30 up front with ARB. Did I leave anything important out?

Has anyone done an Atlas II in a Jeep like mine? and who wouldn't mind getting me the front and rear drive shaft lengths?

Thanks in advance.

Frank[/quote]
Old 02-09-2002, 06:39 PM

My DS is 5" longer in the rear and a couple shorter in the front.

I have the D44 and the 30 (currently)

HTH

Humpty Dumpty
Old 02-09-2002, 06:49 PM

Hi Seth, thanks for replying.

The rear DS is five inches longer. Is that from the stock drive shaft or an already converted SYE?

Any chance I can ask a favor of you to actually measure both shafts from yoke center to yoke center.

I would greatly appreciate this if you could. If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 02-09-2002, 07:01 PM

Frank,
I'll get you precise measurements tomorrow AM.

Humpty Dumpty
Old 02-10-2002, 04:11 AM

Thanks Seth, that would be a big help. Could you also tell me what transmision you have and how much lift you're running?

Once again, Thank You.

Frank
Old 02-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Administrator

How about a bizarre comparison Frank? Mine are 23" for the rear and 37 1/2" for the front.

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.