Go Back   JeepBBS > Discussion Battleground > Jeep Friends Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Jeep Friends Forum This is a forum for jeep friends to hang out. For more formal atmosphere hop over to the Technical Forum

Old 10-13-2002, 06:47 PM

Cool Custom springs and different spring rates (TJ)

If I were going to get custom springs from national, I was thinking about possibly getting a somewhat higher spring rate for the right rear than the left rear to help with the "torque squat" somewhat.
Any thoughts on that, and if it sounds like a somewhat good idea, any thoughts on how much higher the right rear spring rate should be ?

Fred
Old 10-13-2002, 07:23 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Hi Fred,

Someone once said timing is everything in this world!

That said, I just installed Air Springs and have significant ability to vary the spring rate in each air spring by increasing or decreasing the PSI in that spring.

If you would like me to do any type of testing for you on this let me know. But you also need to give me some direction on how I should test this. i.e. how would I know if different spring rates on the rear axle performed better or not???

Let me know I would be happy to help if I can.

Frank
Old 10-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Banned

Re: Custom springs and different spring rates (TJ)

Having two different springs in the rear is going to create a funky ride. I don't think it's going to solve your squat problem either. It might help, but it won't solve the problem.

If I were you (and I have btdt), I would get a higher spring rate for both rears and call it good. Oh, and do the stuff you need to do to the front to keep it from lifting as the rear is squatting. (Antirock if you don't already have one)

Daless has an interesting idea too. I wouldn't mind trying an airbag setup myself one of these days.